Leroy Merlin

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
telboy
Resident

Leroy Merlin

Postby telboy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:50 pm

We were in Leroy Merlin Nevada Centre, Granada last week.
In the Garden Furniture Department we enquired about sunbeds, the particular model we were interested in weren't available until next week, we wanted four of them at around 600€ in total and enquired about having them delivered at 40€ (they don't fold and wouldn't fit in a car). The assistant took our details etc and said there was no problem just phone when you want us to arrange payment & delivery - we are doing this on behalf of our neighbours who have a holiday home here. Once we OK'd everything with our neighbour my wife phoned the store today to make the arrangement for payment and delivery (in Spanish), she was put through to the department, the assistant said we can't order it over the phone and put the phone down. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: This happened twice - she gave up.

Great customer service, lets hope the the call wasn't recorded for training purposes.

terry

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Leroy Merlin

Postby gerryh » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Why don't you order them online through their website?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Gerry - My wife just tried doing just that on her iPad and 10€ less for delivery too. However after filling in all the details etc etc, she pressed the 'go' button and then then it stated that something was missing (to do with cookies), she went back to update this, her shopping basket went back to zero and then it timed out, she's not happy.

I'll give it a go on my MacBook.

terry

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:04 pm

OK Gerry done!

Strange - because, as I said the order was 29.99€ for delivery yet, If I ordered the same product in every way except for the colour then delivery would have been 69.99€.

cheers

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Leroy Merlin is in almost a monopoly position in some areas - and it shows! The theoretical range is good, but the stock control is abysmal, so their own inhouse system can show, say, three of something in X store, but when you dash down to buy it you can found that the three are one each in grey, white and blue, and that the one you want is badly damaged! We needed a door for a bathroom unit (stupid girl ordered the unit and ONE door despite there being two needed), La Zenia said there were 3, the white one (yes, the colour needed) was damaged so one was ordered, to come "within a week". It did arrive, but we noted that the damaged one was just put back on the shelf, and when we checked stock the next day it was still there.
I bought a tap from them, and found on installation that there was almost no flow through the hot side. Took it back to Cartegena, only to be told that (a) they had no stock of that tap in that store and (b) we had bought it in La Zenia store so they could not give a refund......after a session of me going red and jumping up and down demanding the manager they gave in and gave me a credit note so I could go and choose another different tap.
in general their IT side is hopeless - I suspect the head of department is a son-in-law or something, and they hold very little stock, so allow for at least 2 visits to actually have what you want.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Peteroldracer

Looks like there delivery service is equally hopless too,

Made an online order on 3rd June, we got an email on the 8th stating it had left there warehouse, got at text message fron ader (courier) saying it would be delivered on the 9th, here we are now on 14 still order. Tracking the order online says delivery on 9th. I phoned the omline number put the order number and it says, delivery on the 7th.

Tried speaking to someone on the phone about it a number of times and was completely cut off each time.

Now i've tried emailing them just now, so we'll wait and see.

Terry

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Had a similar experience with IKEA. You provide a detailed hand drawn map. It doesn't get given to the delivery man. The delivery man is incapable of researching where he is going. Final straw was delivery was to a business address in our local town and the van driver rang me to say it was closed despite agreed delivery being morning only! They did refund the delivery charge which was a plus I guess.

telboy. Maybe they meant July when they said delivery on the ninth?! :lol:

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am

Follow up Leroy Merlin Online

Still no delivery of my purchase.

I've been to their website found a email contact got an instant acknowledgement obviously automated. Gave them the order number, despatch number etc. Still not heared from them.

I've telephoned a number of times, I get a recorded message with a menu, which asks 'key in your order number' then a message says it'll be delivered on the 7th June, (well its now the 15th) then if I want to speak to someone I just get the engaged tone then goes off. Back to square one. :wtf:

The enquiry number starts with 900 - Anybody know the cost associated with this?

Terry

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:22 am

Hi telboy,
Some info ...........

900 – Free for callers from a landline (800 numbers are being introduced and these are also free). Check if your mobile provider allows these as free calls or not.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Enrique :thumbup: Does this also apply to 901 & 902 numbers :?:
Luckily we have a landline, however we got through in the end, LM Online stated that the courier ADER claimed they tried to deliver on the 9 June - B******t, we were in all day :!: Because we are in the campo, I usually meet any couriers to either pick up a parcel or guide them to our house for larger items. We have a landline and two mobile phones of which the courier had the three numbers, we had no missed calls :!:

LR say they will arrange another date for delivery.

Watch this space

Terry

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi telboy,

You may find more up to date info........... :idea:

http://u3avalldelpop.com/features/infor ... 2-and-905/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Just joined this illustrious club of p++ssed-off Leroy Merlin customers:

Just had delivered an outdoor dining table and six chairs (a little later than expected but on the appointed day and with a very friendly and helpful driver) and I find that one box of 2 chairs had been previously assembled, then dismantled, poorly repackaged and despatched to me minus all the fixing bolts, washers, and plastic bolt caps. :evil:

Phoned the Malaga store: "we'll ring you back"......so I wait.

Then assembled the table and found that I had TWO sets of table bolts/washers/end caps! Yippee :thumbup:

Unfortunately the bolts are not completely interchangeable with the chairs but at least if I have to source, for a speedy resolution, some correct length bolts from the local ferret shop, I will have some end caps for the bolts!

Poor retailers :thumbdown:
nil illegitimum carborundum

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:12 am

Trooperman - Obviously you paid a lower price for your table and chairs - If some of your order had been assembled then disassembled doesn't this make them ex-display (shop soiled as they say) :?:

And yes :!: Still waiting for my order, the couriers haven't called with a new delivery date/time yet.

Never again Leroy Merlin Online :thumbdown: - I'll arrange for someone to pick up from the store or even buy/hire a roof rack.

terry

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:34 pm

I'm lucky enough to live near Antas Garden Centre, a small private business. I bought a shed which was €300 less than Leroy Merlin exact same model and he did free delivery. So, I never assume they're the cheapest as my friends seem to think and will travel 50 miles to the nearest one instead of just up the road.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Fyfin - We live in the sticks here, local stores that sell outdoor furniture are few and far between, and since they're not for us but for a holiday rental we look after, if anything was wrong/or went wrong with them then a large chain store would be more likely to replace them.

Anyway to put closure to this post, the sunbeds were delivered eventually 9 working days after they were due to be delivered and this only happened after calling Leroy Merlin Online yet again! They items were delivered by a chap in a large car (not a liveried van) and were stacked and unpackaged.

Good Luck to anyone else who orders from LM Online :thumbup:

terry