PAYING AN ELECTRIC BILL

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

PAYING AN ELECTRIC BILL

Postby patricia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:16 pm

Can you pay someones electricity bill in your own bank or do I have to trek into Nerja! or is there an Endese office in Torrox. However if I can just take the bill to my bank that would be easier all round! :)
Last edited by patricia on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Re: PAYING AN ELECTRIC BILL

Postby patricia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:18 pm

I have copy of the bill. I wouldnt mind but it is for 3 euros! and she is in a panic they are going to cut her off! :(

Whoops double posted no idea what I did there!

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:40 pm

I think you can only pay them at the banks listed on the bill, but personally I find the banks' hours when they will accept payments much too restrictive (normally just a couple of hours on two mornings a week). When I have paid bills for someone else I have done it at Correos instead, because they don't limit the hours in the same way.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:41 pm

I am assuming the same rules apply everywhere. The only bank that will accept electricity payment n is Santander and as far as i know it is Tuesday between 08.30 to 10.30am, most banks only will only accept utility payment on Tue and Thur but i am pretty sure electric is Tue only. The Correos option stopped about 18 months ago.
There is one other option but they do not like doing it but i did it a few times, if you go to the Electric office with the bill a nice smile they can process the payment and pay bill from credit card into the Endesa account, i think in this instance you need go to the local office where the house is but i am not sure of this.
The electric will be cut off if the current bill is not paid when the next bill being issued so if current bill is say 15/5 will not be disconnected until middle of July.
The re-connection fee for ma was €18 and i think its €20 now.

Hope this helps

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:05 pm

I cannot go to where the house is, it is in Estepona.

Can I not go into any Endesa branch! I was thinking of going into the Nerja one, although I would have rather had gone to the bank. What a bore. No it is in her ex-husbands name and she has recently had it all changed into her name. They did say that it had all been paid but now all of a sudden they have come up with a bill of 3 euros! which is from last year!

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:19 pm

I doubt it will be cut off for €3 as if its there from last year it would have happened by now, it seems we get cut-off if there are two full bills owing.
It seems to me the current bill is likely on DD an if is the case there will never be two bills owing.
Just go to any Santander bank on Tue morn and be sorted, the Endesa office difficult one and i would not be aware only the lovely lady in the office did it for me.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:40 am

Internet banking ?

Parilla

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:41 am

As FAL said just go to the Post Office and pay.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:03 am

firsttango wrote:As FAL said just go to the Post Office and pay.
It may be different but where i am at the only option is Santander bank as i pay cash all the time, the post office stopped about 18 months ago.
Tuesday morning 8.30 to 10.30 and i not sure if Thursday is also an option. Do go to the post office but i expect they will not accept payment and if they do please let us know as it may have being changed back.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:10 am

Paid our most recent bill at the Correos in Velez Malaga last Friday, same as we have been doing every month for many years without issue.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:45 am

firsttango wrote:Paid our most recent bill at the Correos in Velez Malaga last Friday, same as we have been doing every month for many years without issue.
Thanks for that. it may be an exercise that failed or it could possibly be that you are buying from different supplier.
I am not informed at all on how Electric companies operate in Spain but i assume there are different suppliers.

regards.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:45 am

Parilla wrote:Internet banking ?

Parilla
I do not have the details to do that. I am paying the bill on behalf of a friend who doesnt do internet banking!

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:47 am

firsttango wrote:Paid our most recent bill at the Correos in Velez Malaga last Friday, same as we have been doing every month for many years without issue.
I will go along now and see if I can pay it at the post office. Thanks for all your replies.

I am still not getting notifications so if anyone can help with that I will be very pleased. :thumbup:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:53 am

wollie wrote:
Thanks for that. it may be an exercise that failed or it could possibly be that you are buying from different supplier.
I am not informed at all on how Electric companies operate in Spain but i assume there are different suppliers.

regards.
ENDESA as per the poster who initiated the thread......(also pay Movistar there at the same time)

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:00 am

patricia wrote:
I will go along now and see if I can pay it at the post office. Thanks for all your replies.

I am still not getting notifications so if anyone can help with that I will be very pleased. :thumbup:
What happens is you get normal bill, then a reminder.
Then they send a yellow "impuesto notice" one single page from the Correo, at around the same time the next bill arrive.

The next "phase" is cotar.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:28 pm

I went along to the post office and paid it! No problem and thank god there wasnt a queue a mile long :thumbup:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Hi Patricia - re notifications:
Go to the top of the page & click the little arrow by your name, choose 'User Control Panel'. When this opens, choose the tab 'Board Preferences'. On the left hand side is a list - the last one is 'Edit Notifications' - then choose what you want to be notified about :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:07 pm

I have done that Chrissie, but I have no idea what to do next! I have touched nothing yet I do not get notifications and I have not the foggiest idea how to start it again. It does not give me a clue as to what to do next.

I have always automatically got a reply if I have posted and now I do not and I have touched nothing and as I said even going into User Control Panel I do not have a clue what to do once I am there.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:09 pm

It just says here you may view all notifications! It does not allow me to chose to be notified or not. I have asked Sid and am waiting for a response. Also I cannot send PM´s!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:01 pm

I think you missed out the 'Board Preferences 'tab - click on that before you select the 'notifications at the bottom of the left hand list - you then get a choice of:

Posting Notifications
Your topics/posts are approved or disapproved by a moderator
Someone replies to a topic you have bookmarked
Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed
Someone quotes you in a post
Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed
Miscellaneous Notifications
Someone sends you a private message

with boxes to 'tick' if you want it to happen

Hope this helps :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)