Ryanair yet again!

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Flexo
Resident

Re: Ryanair yet again!

Postby Flexo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:45 pm

wollie wrote: Flexo, they say "when you dig a hole so deep you cannot get out it be better to stop digging" Australia...
Why, you think Australia is on the other side of the Earth? You really suck at geography (google antipod).

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Flexo, old boy, you're getting too much midday sun. Chill, relax and have a glass of water. Ryanair do not pay any burger flippers, bus drivers, baggage handlers in any airport. End of.

They do demand cheeky payments from the airport owners sometimes to fly to their underused airports, which they're happy (?) to do because it creates employment for burger flippers, bus drivers and baggage handlers.

We know uncle Mick left you down and out in Paris for a week or so, but this is becoming silly.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Flexo, give it up lad you're starting to sound unhinged again.
I So Bella tis you

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:51 pm

The only thing silly is the knowledge level of some of the residents here, plenty of the "facts" listed by some of the fanboys have been contradicted in both the media and in lawsuit/ pre-lawsuit settlements. There is a google gap here which means if you cannot find it on Google the fan boys claims it doesn't exist. However, the Flat Earth and Pizzagate are on google so even though Ryanair was forced to concede to EU regulations earlier, the Flat Earth and Pizzagate are seemingly more real to the Ryanair fanboys.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:01 pm

I think Bender (avatar) has hijacked Flexo's Win 98 laptop!!! :lol:
I So Bella tis you

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:09 pm

Another thing that makes me eager to communicate my experiences and the facts that I actually do possess in this matter is that Ryanair has a very sharp policy on attacking critics. They confront people with bad experiences with defamation lawsuits, threatening people to silence. I notice now that plenty of the news articles and web sites I used when I had my legal issue with Ryanair are no longer available. It falls into the pattern of Ryanair's "social media efforts" of whitewashing their old crappy brand into something legit. They even forced the "Ihateryanair" website to be handed over to Ryanair.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Ok Flexo, i know you have a grudge against Ryanair...i think you have made that obvious...There are those on here who love them or adore them, whatever! ..We all have our own opinions..I keep an open mind, apart from having a flight from hell from Granada airport to Liverpool with thunder and lightening ( Ryanair promised they wouldn't go up unless there was clear skies) i have had few problems from all low cost airlines..However it dosen't mean that everyone has had a great experience or that our own experience should be reflected on others..We should listen to everyone..

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Pamela1 wrote:However it dosen't mean that everyone has had a great experience or that our own experience should be reflected on others..We should listen to everyone..
Of course, it is just that when it comes to a company that has a gestapo-like behaviour of attacking criticism and dissent I become a bit concerned when people use ad hoc and strawman arguments.

I used to live in the US and I notice plenty of similarities with Wal Mart, who like Ryanair seems to operate under the radar of the American anti trust laws of similar reasons. Ryanair claims they are not a real airline, just a budget airline and should therefore be treated with less regulations and Wal Mart claims they are just a budget store and should be treated with less regulations. The "budget" part seems to work in both cases because the shakers and movers never bother to use any of these companies so they don't know what is going on.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:13 pm

Flexo wrote:
wollie wrote: Flexo, they say "when you dig a hole so deep you cannot get out it be better to stop digging" Australia...
Why, you think Australia is on the other side of the Earth? You really suck at geography (google antipod).
ends

Australia yes other side straight down, thats where the diggin ends, i think be easier than taking me on?

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:29 pm

When you dig down to Australia, do you pop out of the earth or fall out of the sky? I've always wondered!

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:06 pm

possibly enough me thinks....

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:52 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/ ... fly-there/
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-eu-rya ... KKBN1360Z9

Ryanair have been paid subsidies by local governments for years to use certain airports.

The most famous case I remember is Charleroi Airport in Belguim, which has been going on for years. The last I remember was that it was deemed uncompetitive and Illegal under EU rules but It seems that some of the EU's earlier decisions have been overturned.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.1947956

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:07 am

My OH had a dreadful experience with Monarch and it took 5 years to get the compensation he was due, but we stuck at it and got it in the end. Must admit, we've not been in a hurry to use them again, but we would if they were the only option.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Yes Ryanair are given subsidies. But Ryanair doesn't employ staff at those airports, except customer service.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:10 pm

The main gripe I had with Ryanair has been corrected. I hated it when they advertised a price on their website and you had to pass various steps before the actual price appeared.
They used to justify it by saying that customers wanted to know a breakdown of what they were going to pay but in my case and i believe most are of the same opinion that all we care about is how much in total I have to pay.

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:16 pm

wollie wrote:
Flexo wrote:
wollie wrote: Australia yes other side straight down, thats where the diggin ends, i think be easier than taking me on?
Google *beep*, can you use it?

https://www.antipodesmap.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipodes

This is the antipode of Cordoba:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton,_New_Zealand

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:21 pm

ashtondav wrote:Yes Ryanair are given subsidies. But Ryanair doesn't employ staff at those airports, except customer service.
Yes they do, that was one of the key arguments in my case. The legal advisors on any airport has to be non-partisan to an airline according to EU law and at Beauvais 2009 they clearly wore Ryanair badges. It was covered in the news later that year.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:36 pm

"
Mathematical description
If the geographic coordinates (latitude and longitude) of a point on the Earth's surface are (φ, θ), then the coordinates of the antipodal point are (−φ, θ ± 180°). This relation holds true whether the Earth is approximated as a perfect sphere or as a reference ellipsoid.

In terms of the usual way these geographic coordinates are given, this transformation can be expressed symbolically as

x° N/S y° E/W ↦ x° S/N (180 − y)° W/E,
that is, for the latitude (the North/South coordinate) the magnitude of the angle remains the same but N is changed to S and vice versa, and for the longitude (the East/West coordinate) the angle is replaced by its supplementary angle while E is exchanged for W. For example, the antipode of the point in China at 37° N 119° E (a few hundred kilometres from Beijing) is the point in Argentina at 37° S 61° W (a few hundred kilometres from Buenos Aires)."

I'm ever so pleased I asked but it still doesn't tell me where I pop out!

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Well the Earth is not really spherical, it is oblong.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Just experienced the effect of Ryanair splitting up couples...instead of folk sitting where their boarding pass showed, there was a lot of negotiation on the lines of "if you move here next to your hubby I can go back near him, and see if someone will let me change with them..."
More delay in getting everyone sat!
NB we had booked seats and priority boarding....costs so little.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.