NAVMAN n40i map update JAEN, ALBACETE anyone knows its???

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
john the baptist
Resident

NAVMAN n40i map update JAEN, ALBACETE anyone knows its???

Postby john the baptist » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:10 pm

hi does anyone know hellin in albacete, Im heading for elche de la sierra near there and my sat nav is telling me to go to malaga granada then jaen, but on the map it looks like I could continue to Baza and head north.

Ive got a crap navman n40i so please if anyone can tell me how to do a free map update please let me know asap. my sat nav was given to me by an elderly relative in the uk as has not had a map update in years.

my navman does not even recognise the tiny hamlet im heading to. its near elche and has a population of less than 100. can anyone help as I can drive to barcelona in less time my crap sAt nav is telling me to get to a town on the andalucian border albeit JAEN.

the phone its telling me another route and google maps is telling me another. I know the town and are but have always come from valencia, alicante murcia way. Now I live on the CDS im heading from it via a north direction and these are mountain hamlets and towns that have roads that END!!!!

please is there any anyone in that area im heading for elche de la sierra and to a little hamlet called PENARUBIA, Ill be in the car by myself so no wife to shout abuse and instructions, and will be there for one night only. any help would be appreciated. Im leaving in 24 hours

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: NAVMAN n40i map update JAEN, ALBACETE anyone knows its???

Postby El Cid » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Buy a map.

Sid

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Hi J de B,

Look on Google Maps and write out a Route card.................. :idea:

I'd use the main roads ,Granada, Baza- Murcia and then north on A-30 before cutting West on CM-412 to elche de la sierra.

If you get on to the minor roads too early ie going the Jaen route you will find yourself driving for hours at 40kmh as they are twisty and badly surfaced.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:00 am

enrique excellent advice, will look into it and go that way, Thanks Sid, Ive got the maps but cant reconginise the size and state of the roads.

some b roads are excellent but others are a nightmare (ie) the mountain ones.

Cheers again, Ive been up all night have some business in gib and may leave this evening, thanks again. jb

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:47 am

If you have a smartphone and Google maps/ drive on it then it will give you voice guidance and warn of any known hold ups/ delays on your journey.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris