Rugs!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Rugs!

Postby elusive » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:22 am

Anyone know of any shops malaga and eastwards or towards fueng..that sell decent rugs.looking for a normal size one for the living room ,nothing huge.a circular one is prefered. Bar ikea i dont really know where to look.the odd few we have seen are huge or expensive

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Rugs!

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:22 am

Elusive,
Quite a few of the Chinese / Moroc Bazar type shops stock different size rugs, however they may not be on display until after the summer.
Failing that you could always make a 'Rag Rug', if you don't know how to , I can give instruction ! :lol:

Regards,
Gordon..

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:07 pm

I had mine sent from Northern Ireland. Yes, I didn't even realise as I was looking for a deep pile rug and found one on ebay or Amazon (can't remember which, but probably ebay) and was amazed at the price which included delivery. Exactly the colours we wanted and couldn't find here anywhere.
Amazing selection and I don't know if it's different on the website but we paid in euros and had free delivery to Spain. http://www.rughouse.uk/
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:08 pm

Update - just had a look and delivery to Spain (4 - 6 days) is £14.95 on their website. I guess on ebay or whatever they built it into the price.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:59 am

Thanks fyfin. I'll have a look. Only thing with buying online is if the pictures show the actual quality/material of the rug

bigal
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bigal » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:38 am

We've bought several from Leroy Merlin. Pretty good quality.

Alan
Alan - aka the anorexic grasshopper

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:11 am

I know what you mean. I was very impressed because the colour was exactly as the picture - but it was a replacement for one off ebay where the picture wasn't a true representation. They describe them very well.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:47 am

They always have a stall at the Local Markets. Quite a good selection. I know they have them in Torre and Velez so maybe in the Tuesday one in Fuengirola.