Renta 2016 Help

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Renta 2016 Help

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Trying not to panic Mr Mainwearing, but as ever I have put off doing my Tax return until the very last minute!
I have managed to get a Clave PIN and changed my address details on the Agencia Tributaria site (Hooray!!) but what do I do about my other half?
I registered myself for ClavePIN back in November and got the letter, but did not get one for herself. Can I change her address on the forms, and do a return for us both, or will she have to get Clave registered first?

Assuming we can solve the foregoing, is there an easy way for me to put in our figures for last year? I seem to remember that it should be possible to call up our last returns and amend the figures? If so would someone do a step-by-step on this, useful for many I am sure.
Lastly, if I fail to do the reurn today what happens next? Do I have to get an appointment to see them and throw myself on their mercy or whaT?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Renta 2016 Help

Postby AkoAko » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:20 pm

I found using the new system WEB RENTA simple and did everything through it using only my NIE and a couple of other personnel details , we have permanent Claves for myself and my wife but ddnt activate them until a couple of weeks after doing this years Renta . You can log on with your Clave or if you select " LOG ON USING PERSONEL DETAILS " then a TX code your sent , using either methods of acess you can add your wife . After adding your wife as spouse you click VERIFY and you will be asked for a phone number for her to link you . You can use the same phone number . After the page asking for your NIE and ACCESS CODE select , NO TENGO something button below then a new page opens asking for more details that you will have then click request SMS .

Posted the above as time s short . You are asked for the figure in box 440 off of last years deceleration , if you dont know it try zero ( 0 ) it worked for each of my friends when i helped them do theirs , they obviously didnt have any figures to input on that area of the form .

My neighbor had a return done each year but her husband never has , i added his NIE and other details as a spouse on her renta and a box came up asking for a phone number for him as i clicked verify , i gave the same phone number and a minute later an SMS arrived which i imputed and his return was there along side his wifes plus the option of a joint return . My neighbors Renta was only his UK State pension which he started to receive in 2013 so only took a few minutes to complete everything and see the best option to submit before doing so . I dont recall exactly where but somewhere it asks if you want the address , personal information of either the decelerate or the spouse added to the other so as to link them , click the SI box . Once thats done you can log off and back on anytime using either code sent by TX , if you log on with yours then your the decelerate and your wife is CONJICAL or something like that , if you log on with wifes then its the other way around .

Just remembered another important point you will also have to fill in the section regarding ownership of your home or you cant submit , seem to recal it was a red warning when we tried to submit , i clicked it and the correct page appeared .

Sorry reply isnt structured and probably i have babbled on or repeated myself but i type so slow and am aware of the time factor , just post any questions you have and if i can i will assist , El Sid is the one for this , i did mine and several friends with his assistance , think hes an old hand at it , done mine and the wifes for several years now without issue but this year was a lot more involved however all went well and got a nice rebate a week later .

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:03 pm

Thanks AkoAko but it all looks too complex to do in an hurry. If I get fined that will be my penance!
I have realised that our residence in 2016 was the same as previous - we sold and moved in March this year, so details for tax need not be altered until next year. With the house sale next year's form will be a job for an expert.
Still interested to know what happens with a late return.....

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Residencia ? I guess you meant Renta . If something is omitted or wrong but there is no tax to pay its not likly you will recieve a fine . After having mine done by a Lawyer i received a letter marked urgent , the Lawyer took 6 months to reply , it was asking for copies of my P60 for previous years , no idea how the Hasienda knew about it as the Lawyer told me it wasn't needed to be declared , it did however i decided to ditch the Lawyer and went to see them myself in person , they were very helpful and said as no tax was due they dont normally issue fines even if filled late so i got that from the horses mouth and they were right i was not fined . I have no idea what happens regarding late returns where tax is due .

I dont know your circumstances but personally i would have a go , i hope i haven't detoured you through my long winded attempt to include everything and ended up making it look complicated , unless you have other things like Capital Gains to account for then its very straight forward . I had to have about 20 tabs open with google translate and translate everything as the English version wouldent work for me , didnt take me long at all to do them however i spent a week constantly going through everything to make sure i had everything done correct before gritting my teeth an submitting them , in that week i didnt have to amend or add anything .

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:54 pm

You don't need a Cl@ve PIN to do your tax. You just ask for a reference number which you get online. All they need is your NIE and the amount in box 440 (I think) from last years return. They text you the reference number, you do the same for your wife. Then you use this for accessing your previous personal data and all you then do is enter the new income figures.

The rest is the same as it was with the old downloaded PADRE program. You submit the final declaration online and that's it.

I found it to be a much simpler process than using PADRE if only because all your personal details are automatically transferred from your last declaration. If you need to change any details such as property, it's easy to do.

You need to get cracking as today is the last day.

Sid

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Peter OR seems to have gone quiet so perhaps he is tapping away at it now! Hope he gets it in on time.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:31 pm

I got the reference numbers but cannot see how to enter anything other than my and her State pension, not her government one ( to go in "Renta Exentas" ?), or my "renta vitalicia" ( I have done the £/€ conversion at 1.22, and worked out the 24% to declare).
It was easier using Padre but I have just found the memory stick with the digital certificates on that I used for this only to find they have expired!