Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Very optimistic back then, wasn't I ? ! Part of the problem is I get it sorted, and write it down, but by the time the next one comes round, I've either forgotten what I did last time/can't find the info, or something has changed in the AEAT etc system. What worked last year isn't working now :-(

I'm hoping to tackle this either tomorrow afternoon or Friday afternoon (food shopping tomorrow am, Dad visiting Fri am ;-) )
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Well, I have managed to produce a completed 210 by doing it the old-fashioned way without a digital cert. Now my problem is paying it - I can do this through my account with Unicaja, but I need my tax reference. All it says on the 210 is 'CARA' but I need 9 characters/digits ! Where or how can I find out what it is ? I tried logging in to the AEAT details site that enrique posted earlier, but had the same problem as with the 210 - name & ID don't match....

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:00 am

Chrisie, I just take my completed 210 into the bank or post it to them (Unicaja) with an instruction to pay it.

I don't need anything more than is printed out on pages 3,4 and 5 of the PDF generated 210.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:49 am

Hi ashtondav, I used to go in to Unicaja when we visited several times a year, but as I now go only once a year, it's not so simple. I may have to do as you suggest, & post it, but if I can, I would rather do it online. I just need my anagrama - I have a sheet of etiquettas, but unfortunately they are from the days before the police changed my details in the tax system :-( !

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Update : - Having signally failed to contact the Tax office in Antequera (it had a long menu, most of the options led to a dead end, and the one that didn't wasn't answered after 5 mins of waiting :-( ), I spent 25 mins this morning 'chatting' online to a member of AEAT staff (all in Spanish !). There was some confusion at times (particularly as at the end she said" this is a helpline for computer-related problems"), but she assured me that my NIE was the same as my tax ID.
I don't believe her, but it gave me an idea, so I went back to my Unicaja account & entered my NIE no. where it asked for a fiscal ID, & it was accepted :-) . I'm hoping my NIE will be sufficient for AEAT to identify me, & I will have to post the completed modelo 210, together with a copy of the payment transaction record, to AEAT.
All I need to do is find the info which tells me where to send it (hopefully on the 210 instructions ;-) )

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:33 pm

Hello everybody,

Hope you're all having a great Summer!
Coming back to you with a question (after successfully managing to complete my Dad's tax returns for the past few years with your help) and I would be grateful for your wise guidance.

I am due to renew the digital certificate remotely on behalf of my Father (have already done so 3 years ago) but I noticed there was a mention of a 5 year max since the last physical identification.
Had a look around and am getting myself confused (I do not speak Spanish unfortunately) and I do not wish to send my elderly Father on a wild goose chase either!

- Am I correct in thinking that my Dad will have to go to get physically identify? (the certificate was first issued in 2011 in Spain, then renewed online in 2014)
- And if so, how do I proceed? Do I appy for the renewal online just like the last renewal, Dad goes to get identified and then I get access to the key?
Or do I send him with the number we were given first time round without applying for renewal online first?
- And if so (bis), can he be identified in an embassy abroad or does he have to go back to Spain?

Would love to have all my facts right before talking to Dad about it. ;-)
Many many thanks in advance,
Cornflake 4

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:21 pm

HI Cornflake4,
Has your Father had a renewal letter...... :?:

I renewed early 2015 and the valid period was 4 years( previously 3 years)...........have you looked on the Browser Certificate for the Expiry Date........ :?:

While its still valid get a CL@ve PIN setup as you can use this in many places where you would use a Digital Signature.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Hello Enrique,

Thanks for replying to me.

He's received that email:
Estimado/a usuario/a:
Le informamos que su Certificado FNMT de Persona Física con XXX y número de serie XXX
caducará el próximo día XX-XX-2017.
Si dispone del mismo en estado válido y no revocado podrá emplearlo para solicitar su renovación desde nuestra
SEDE Electrónica (RENOVAR https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/certificad ... ca/renovar), sin necesidad de
personarse en una de nuestras Oficinas de Registro*.
Si lo desea, puede comprobar el estado de su certificado, así como su fecha y hora de caducidad en nuestra SEDE
Electrónica (Verificar Estado https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/certificad ... car-estado)
En cualquier caso, siempre podrá solicitar un nuevo certificado siguiendo el procedimiento establecido a través de
nuestra SEDE Electrónica (OBTENER CERTIFICADO https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/certificad ... ona-fisica) o
bien haciendo uso de su DNIe válido y no revocado (OBTENER con DNIe faltaría confirmar la URL de solicitud con
DNIe)
*Siempre y cuando no se haya excedido el límite máximo de 5 años desde la última identificación física que se llevó
a cabo para la obtención del certificado que le va caducar.

Agradecemos sinceramente su confianza en nuestros servicios

I need to look into that CL@ve thing but he's not Spanish resident nor does he have a Spanish mobile phone.
C.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:08 am

Hi Cornflake4,
Info required for getting CL@ve PIN for non-Resident.........

According to CL@ve PIN FAQ............
There are five "ID" options that you can choose from...............see

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.in ... _CSV.shtml

I used my NIE , Digital Signature and the Green Form number with C0 prefixed . see above link

Notes:: The Green Form = certificado de registro de ciudadano de la Unión
The Green Form is Temporary Residency if you stay over 90 days

AND a Spanish SIM

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:46 am

Hello again,
Thanks for the information Enrique, you're confirming what I suspected reading the forum last night, you need a Spanish SIM...I'm in the UK and so is my Father and there's no way we can go to Spain before the certificado FNMT expires.
So, to come back to my initial post, would you (or anybody) be able to answer my three questions below at all as I cannot go down the Clave route?

I am due to renew the digital certificate remotely on behalf of my Father (have already done so 3 years ago) but I noticed there was a mention of a 5 year max since the last physical identification.
Had a look around and am getting myself confused (I do not speak Spanish unfortunately) and I do not wish to send my elderly Father on a wild goose chase either!
- Am I correct in thinking that my Dad will have to go to get physically identify? (the certificate was first issued in 2011 in Spain, then renewed online in 2014)
- And if so, how do I proceed? Do I appy for the renewal online just like the last renewal, Dad goes to get identified and then I get access to the key?
Or do I send him with the number we were given first time round without applying for renewal online first?
- And if so (bis), can he be identified in an embassy abroad or does he have to go back to Spain?

Many thanks,
Cornflake 4

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:55 am

Hi,

" can he be identified in an embassy abroad or does he have to go back to Spain"..........phone and find out... :idea:

:!: Please read The Forum FAQ's Obtaining Digital Signature..........lists of Embassy's can be found :!:

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.in ... ero_.shtml

If it has to be done at a local office in Spain........like when you got the original.........I'd try and renew on-line and see if the software picks up the 5 year bit........as you will have nothing to lose.

Had hoped some other Members would have picked up on this Thread......Beachcomber....El Cid........ :?:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:19 pm

I emailed the Spanish enbassy to ask the same question - got an auto reply & then nothing :-( . I'm afraid I've given up now...

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Hello again Enrique, (and Hi ChrissieHope)

Thanks so much for following up and all your time. ;-)
After hours of trying in vain to get through Dad's closest consulate on the phone, I finally managed to speak to a Lady who had no idea what I was talking about but went and enquired and then put me through a gentleman who knew exactly who, where, why, what.
He confirmed that this can be done in any consulate abroad, no need for appointment, that this is free and that it needs to be done every 5 years indeed (or if the renewal happens more than 5 years after the last physical identification).
Same procedure as the very first time: go online, request the certificate, print the number given, physically go and get identify with NIE, that number and passport and then wait 24h before being able to download the certificate and key.
Thought I'd post this in case someone is in the same position as I am. ;-)

There's light at the end of the tunnel!
Thanks again,
Cornflake 4

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:36 am

I am sure the information is on here somewhere, if I had the time to flick through.

I believe the tax rate has reduced to 19% for 2016 ?

I accept the multiplier from the company who do the forms for me. Not in their interest to give me dud information as I pay a set fee. I know the valor catastral for 2016 also.

anyroads

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:52 am

Hi,

Rates for 2016 (Returns submitted in 2017) = 19% for EU tax residents - 24% for non EU tax residents

From FAQ's

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks Enrique.

Actually looking online I am a little confused.

The multiplier for 2015 I was told was 2%

I note when I paid the last lot of IBI, the valor catastral, had increased ( a revision has been carried out ? ) so has this now gone back to 1.1% ( knowing my luck, guess not ! )

anyroads

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:00 am

Hi anyroads,

I see your Municipio had a Partial in 2014............

http://www.catastro.meh.es/esp/ponencia_valores.asp

As your valor catastral has increased I'd go for the 1.1%

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Thanks again Enrique...

I have mentioned this to the "forms people". Will be interesting to see what they make of it.

At the same time, I can't believe I will be paying less than last year.

I thought all these taxes were meant to increase year on year ( OK, mark time now and again )

We shall see !

anyroads

Stoker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Stoker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:27 pm

I'm with Cajamar bank and the ATM at their branch here in Torrox Costa has the facility of paying the Non-residents Tax (as well as others I presume) using a "cardless" transaction. You key in your NIE number, anagrama, fiscal year, period and name and the amount you are paying, put in your cash (notes only) and that's it. It gives you change and a receipt but it doesn't need the 210 forms themselves. It's a great time saver as you no longer need to go into the bank and queue.

Does anyone else know about this and how it works? Do I still need to do my 210 form online?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi Stoker,

" Do I still need to do my 210 form online?"..................I would say no as you have done the procedure below.

"You key in your NIE number, anagrama, fiscal year, period and name and the amount you are paying, put in your cash (notes only) and that's it."

Give it some time and check on-line to see your payment record.

Need Digital Signature loaded in Browser Certificates and go to the agenciatributaria.gob.es site