Weekend problems?

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Weekend problems?

Postby costakid » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:11 pm

All very true and Admin have a choice also. They may want to consider having a word in your ear re your attitude. This is a free to use forum with some excellent information for new and old members. Members are on here because they want to be. There is no reason for you to be downright rude just because you can.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:24 pm

BLIMEY ADMIN,
That was an in-depth technical explanation.... .And there was me thinking that you had just forgotten to pay the electric bill !!.. :lol:

Still..it proves that some members can't live without you..

Regards,
Gordon

wembason420
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wembason420 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:33 pm

Thanks for that, didn't know you were on Twitter will now follow you. Looking at who you follow it seems some familiar names from here appear on your feed. Thanks for the service here btw

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:44 pm

With a total collapse of the system, it is hard/impossible to provide messages to users about outage.
I make regular use of several forums running with phpBB software, and the behind-the-scenes work needed to keep everything ticking is considerable, and requires significant IT skill.
Personally, I'm grateful to Admin for getting the site back up again, in a relatively short time.

Sid's tone is a bit unhelpful, and obviously hasn't gone down well, which is a shame.
Chris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:04 am

You're right. Perhaps I should have been more helpful for which I apologise. Unfortunately, I knew no more about the situation than anyone else. I have taken steps to make sure that I am kept better informed should it happen again.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:22 am

Accepted. I know you do this work for free. We all have off days.