Barcelona Terror Attack

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Barcelona Terror Attack

Postby firsttango » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:55 pm

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Barcelona Terror Attack

Postby costakid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Varying reports on casualties at moment. Lets pray for all of them.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Yes very sad.
Unfortunately it is very difficult, or not impossible, to stop some terrorist nutter hiring/ driving a vehicle into a crowd of people. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:12 pm

"Lets pray for all of them." It is following outdated superstitions like that that have got the world into the current state.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Done in the name of "religion" of course.

On the same day that the Spanish navy rescue 500 migrants at sea....

anyroads

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:02 am

Religion or beliefs certainly have a big part to play. If you sincerely believe that, after you die, you will go to a much better place, and in the case of the Islamist, get many rewards as well, then it's just a simple step to say "Why wait" - let's go now and kill a few unbelievers at the same time.

I respect those who believe in the afterlife, my brother, for example who has MS and lost his wife to cancer when she was only 37. that It's his faith and absolute belief that he will meet his wife in heaven that keeps him going. He has no mobility apart from moving his head so is totally dependant on carers and his daughter. I don't know how I could cope in his circumstances without a faith like he has.

However, when a so called religion of peace, and I seriously dispute that if you research the Koran (or however it is spelt), is used to justify murdering innocent people who happen to not believe in your particular version, then it has no place in a civilised society. At least Christianity has the new testament but the old testament was pretty blood thirsty too.

Getting back to the Barcelona and Cambrilas attacks - how will you ever combat these acts. It simply isn't possible. Barriers etc will only restrict people and you can't have barriers everywhere. Extra police will have no effect either. The only way is to somehow persuade these people that the attacks are pointless and they're never going to achieve their aims either in this life or the next and how do we do that!!!
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:17 am

One of (the many) stumbling blocks is that politicians will not give up the leverage that religion gives them. To control people there are sticks like prison, financial sanctions and so on, but there are limited carrots - bonuses, privileges - that compare with the totally ridiculous concept of living on in the clouds, virgins to service at will, joining your dead friends and family.
The Soviet Union tried to do away with religion but found that ultimately even death camps, torture and imposed poverty were not enough to control the masses. Children are threatened with no presents at Christmas, promised eggs from the Easter Bunny and so on, all nonsense but easier than discipline based on truth. The world has ended up in a mess of fiction, fear and manipulation because no one can come up with a better way.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Here we always moan and groan because Estepona Police always close roads, block them with police cars, when there is an event
We will not any more

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Nothing you can do to stop these attacks. Frankly im surprised terrorists never thought of this decades ago. I guess it was to obvious.

Seems the main suspect is only 18. Theres alot of brainwashing going on which is hard to fight with the internet etc and the influence isis have on it. Before people start attacking muslims and islam there have been no bigger victim of isis then muslims themselves. Isis are of nothing but the"devil" and everyone who does not support them are legitimate targets in their eyes regardless of colour religion and creed

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Following this horrendous attack a 3 day period of National Mourning was announced. Does anyone have any information on this?

wembason420
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wembason420 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:21 pm

There are several problems with islam, if I were to cook them down to a few points it would be:

1. There is no central authority for doctrine, so if someone says that person has the true conception of islam then who is to judge?
2. The tolerant parts of the Quran is written before the intolerant parts. If there is a contradiction between two shuras then the latter is binding. Now, the Quran is not printed in chronological order, so it is quite easy for a muslim to trick a non-believer into which shura is really binding (and yes, it is permittable for a muslim to lie to a non-believer in certain cases).
3. It is not acceptable for a muslim to work against islamism. So even if the majority of muslims are moderates, it is enough for a few (literally like one or two people) radical islamists for an entire country to adopt an islamist agenda if the total number of muslims are at 51%. This means the intolerant types of islam (like sunni and wahabism) will ultimately win over the more tolerant types (like sufism). Point being: the number of islamists (edit) are irrelevant.
4. There is a death penalty for apostasy in islam, and it is being enforced even in the west. People have a problem calling islam a sect while they often have no problem calling scientology a sect. If you leave scientology you might be stalked, bullied, been sent scary letters etc but to the best of my knowledge they have never actually killed an apostate. If you are an ex-muslim, you might need physical protection 24/7 even in west, from your own family. If that is not a sect, what is?