Malaga airport new departures procedure

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Espana101
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Malaga airport new departures procedure

Postby Espana101 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:28 pm

Quick question on drop off: If one can get out of the drop off car park before the 15 free mins are up, does one need to get the ticket validated in a payment machine ? I did, but wondering whether I needed to ?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:58 pm

I would have thought so.
Surely the exit barrier just recognises a validated ticket and doesn't know how long you have parked whereas the payment machine can calculate the length of your stay and payment due?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Went in and out in literally 2 mins the other week.just drove straight out.guess the system has a clock in it when reading your plates as you leave

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:18 pm

As above drove straight out, didn't go near a ticket machine to validate....just took ticket at barrier on entry drove round the 50 mts into the Car Park picked up and drove straight to exit barrier inserted ticket and both sets of barriers lifted and away. I guess that its up to you to work out if you've gone over the allotted 15 mins and that payment is due at one of the machines.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:24 pm

I suspect that if your free time has expired the barrier simply will stay diwn, causing the usual queue of impatient folk behind you...not worth risking!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Have now used this system several times and slowly getting used to it. Apart from cars blocking the isles it works well.

You do not need to validate your ticket, just put it in the machine at the exit gate, and there are plenty of them. If you are over your time simply put in your credit card and your on your way. Same as paying tolls on the motorway!

If this has been said before, I apologise. It's quite a long thread now!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:04 pm

It would really speed things up if people used the bays and didn’t just pull in to the lanes and open all there doors. So infuriating.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Agreed Costa ....surely it wouldn't take much to put up a sign along the lines "Please Park in Bays to Unload Failure To Do So €100 Fine CCTV in Operation"...Transgressors could be refused Exit until Fine Paid by CCard (not sure if thats legal though)....but something needs to be done to stop the Scrum during the busy times

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:08 pm

It needs totally redesigned. End on parking is never good for quick in/outs. It should be 3 lanes divided by kerbed walkways with side parking either side of each lane. This makes pulling in and out much quicker and discourages people from stopping in the middle.

wembason420
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wembason420 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:19 pm

This is Spain and nothing will discourage anybody from parking anywhere apart from the threat of a large on the spot fine