Ryanair/Ibiza

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Ryanair/Ibiza

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:13 pm

My daughter received a text from Ryanair yesterday prior to her flight to Ibiza today....The message was straight forward informing passengers that their bags would be checked at the boarding gate and any alcohol would be confiscated, it also stated that any passengers who were intoxicated would be refused boarding...We then remembered the program we had both watched a few weeks ago regarding disruptive flights to holiday destinations where the young go crazy!, the fact that her flight was headed to Ibiza explained why passengers were being informed and pre warned..
So off she went to Ibiza this morning with Ryanair, she contacted me to tell me she had arrived safely and added that she had never experienced such a noisy crazy flight in her life..Many were plastered and drinks were being passed around by the groups of people on the flight.. Many who were standing were told to sit down and despite being told to do so on numerous occasions it fell on deaf ears, she said in the end the air hostesses just gave up!! So what happened to Ryanair's threats, no point in making them if they don't bother to carry them out...

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Re: Ryanair/Ibiza

Postby Paulinmalaga » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:23 pm

Name and Shame......what you describe your daughter witnessed is dangerous in the extreme and wholly unacceptable. I would hope if it was that bad she would have video'd it on her phone (or someone on the flight surely must have if it was even half as bad as you say). Present the evidence to Ryanair and tell them you are taking the story to the press......mail online even have a "have you got a story for us" email addy [email protected] they'd probably even pay for the story with the video images? Along with the copy of the email Ryanair sent to her prior to the flight it would make a very revealing article.....this kind of inflight behaviour really has got to be stamped out as a matter of urgency.
I So Bella tis you

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:25 pm

Presumably the drinks being passed around were bought in "duty free" after security and before boarding. .?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:58 pm

No Olive, the drinks were being passed around on the plane, my daughter saw bottles of Jager and they were not miniature bottles! .

Paul, this kind of behaviour was presented in a Panorama program a few weeks ago, i don't know if any other forum members saw it? Some airlines are trying to bring in measures to restrict alcohol consumption ( like the text Ryanair sent to passengers prior to travelling) but they also need the cooperation of the airport lounges where people can buy and drink as much as they wish...

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:06 pm

My first experience of Ryanair is this, for several days now I've been trying to book a flight to Manchester from Gran Canaria, every time I open up the website it want's me to book from Lyon, when I insert the words Las Palmas to Manchester it tells me there are no flights on this route when I know damn well there are, therefore I am very stupid or the website is not user friendly, in the end I have decided to book with Norwegian, and they have free wifi !!!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:33 pm

Manchesteral, it could be because you inserted the words Las Palmas instead of Gran Canaria, at least you have a flight now with Norwegian instead.

Alcala Barry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alcala Barry » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:11 pm

Same old story. Embarrassed to be British.

Brits just do not know how to handle drink, i.e. how to drink sensibly. Why not ban the sale of alcohol from all British airport departures. So many times you can see groups (mainly younger men) sitting around in Wetherspoons or similar with pints lined up at six o'clock in the morning. Do you really need bars open in airports at this time of the morning? I don't think so. And after they have guzzled down a few pints of lager, they then make the rest of the journey a real pain for the rest of the passenegers. Passengers with children and others have to put up with the mindless banter and swearing from these complete jerks. They are selfish, mindless, irresponsible idiots who shouldn't be allowed on the flights in the first place.

Have to say that the cabon crew mentioned above by Pamela1's daughter are out of order. Their prime function is safety on a flight and allowing people to pass round drinks and being out of control is an obvious safety hazard. It is against the law to be drunk on an areoplane. Full stop.

On a lighter note, I have travelled a lot with Ryanair, as I have with many other airlines. Over the past year or so their customer service has improved dramatically and I would choose them first every time. It is also a shame that they haven't found a way to police their new no-drink procedures yet, but I sure hope they do.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Manchestral, have they not got an online chatline where you could get help next time?

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:37 pm

The crew are in the wrong if this is a true record. The Cabin Supervisor should have told the Captain that they had lost control of drunken passengers.
He should have then diverted to nearest available airfield for the disruptive passengers to be offloaded and arrested before continuing.
My wife has done this twice in her 20 year career.
Of course this is Ryanair where on-time is paramount.
It may seem from time to time that I have a down on Ryanair, but, in fact, it is usually my choice.

wembason420
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wembason420 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Agree with you Lyric if it was as bad as that then they should never have let them on the flight in the first place or if they only became unruly whilst in the air they would/should have diverted to the nearest airport and offloaded them in to the arms of the authorities.

A Ryanair Pilot ejected 9 men earlier today after an incident

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Akbar.html

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:06 pm

The more video's of these events sent in to the papers the better chance of things actually happening......complaining alone seems to have zero effect.....video footage naming and shaming ALL concerned
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... light.html
I So Bella tis you