ideas for items ex-pats prefer to buy from the uk than spain

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: ideas for items ex-pats prefer to buy from the uk than spain

Postby El Cid » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:37 am

The Apple TV does a lot more than just enable you to watch films/TV. If you use other Apple devices and services it is a brilliant interface for all of them. You can use it to mirror anything that is on your iPad/iPhone to your TV. If you subscribe to Apple Music it accesses your personal music as well as any album in the entire Apple database. It will also access any photos you have in your Apple Photos app.

I use mine a lot, but have never used it to watch a film or TV program. They should never have called it a "TV" - that gives entirely the wrong impression of what it is. However, if you are not an Apple user it is pretty much a waste of space!

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:41 am

Agreed,
I bought mine for the same reasons and at first I did use it to airplay TV to TVs not connected to the satellite. Since then many cheaper and better IP boxes for TV have come out giving access to the various ways of watching TV. Mine however, is an Apple TV 3.

What I don't understand is why someone would buy an Apple TV 4 unless they understood exactly what they were getting due to its premium price. If you don't have other Apple products, it really doesn't offer anything you can't get on other boxes.

It has Siri but again if you don't subscribe to Apple music or have smart home hub such as Phillip Hue or Nest thermostat, you can only really ask it the weather.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Thornton's Viennese Truffles.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:51 pm

To re-engage on this topic, though I'm an accredited master chef (not talking about the T V reality *beep*) but with a number of decent things to my background, I still enjoy a good, proper full English, try to find decent English style bacon in Las Palmas or decent pork sausages (sage is unheard of as an additive) and you will die before you achieve this aim, whinge over !!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:28 pm

I don’t know about the sage, but we get superb pork and leek sausages from our local Spanish butcher.

Sid

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Same here, ours are 'Pork and Appel'!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:31 pm

As already been stated, double ovens of any sort don't exist in Spain.
Got our double oven sorted. Wanted a built in one that fits under a standard height worktop.
AO.com, in the UK, have a choice of 42 models of built under double ovens available.
Choose the one we liked and ordered it. Very simple on their website.
They offer free delivery, anywhere within the UK, if you can wait 3 days or paid for delivery if you want it sooner.
Had the oven delivered to my chosen carrier.
I used Tony Roam of http://www.euroam.co.uk/ who I can thoroughly recommend.
70€ delivered from his base in the UK to my door here in the campo.
So tonight our "Sunday" roast dinner will be cooked in our new double oven. :thumbup: :wave: :thumbup:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris