Correos - Not deliverying reliably

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
scs3jb
Tourist

Correos - Not deliverying reliably

Postby scs3jb » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi,

I've just had a bizarre situation where the mail man said he tried to deliver but I wasn't in. As far as I can see he has not even attempted to deliver and left no card. Last time he said he couldn't find my house but he rang and I told him.

My suspicion is he's delivering to the wrong address, and when I met him last week I explained that he was going to the wrong address and number 1 is at number 1 (left hand side of the street, not the right). What I'm worried about is the loss of mail. I receive the odd bills, but I'm almost certain I'm losing a lot of bills.

Has anyone experienced this and how do I go about rectifying the situation? The ladies in the local correos office don't understand or emphasise with the situation, but that might be my broken Spanish. I managed to get one particular parcel redirected, but I was trying to explain that the delivery man did not even show up and I would like a confirmation where my address is and that this message is passed on to the 'front lines'. They seemed to shrug it off as normal and just printed me out the form for collection. :wtf:

Any way to find out if correos are deliverying to and get it corrected?

Thanks

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Correos - Not deliverying reliably

Postby costakid » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Could you not get an agreement with your local office to go in once a week and collect the mail from them.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:39 pm

scs3jb wrote:They seemed to shrug it off as normal
It is (normal).
We lived bang in the centre of town, about 500 metres from the main post office, and yet other people's mail still got delivered to us in error, plenty of our our mail went astray, and all complaints fell on deaf ears.
You can probably pay for a PO box at your local office, and collect your mail from there when it suits you. Pointless trying to change the culture of Correos (and Spain). In the 20 years that we lived there it never improved.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:47 pm

They are a law unto themselves and have no reason to be concerned if you think they are incompetent or not , their jobs are safe .

I had a €100 fine for crossing the white line , my fault so i went into Correoss in Albox the following day gave the counter person the document and paid the discounted price of €50 plus €3 charge made by Correos . A month later we had a note in our post box to go to Coreoss as there was a problem . When we handed the in note they gave us €47 . The guy explained that the number written on the form Coreoss use to notify Traffico or whoever the fine goes to tell them the fine had been paid , the reference number had been wrote incorrect by the Coreoss guy so the €50 could not be reconciled with anyone and returned from which Coreoss deducted a further €3 fee .

We gave them the document again and was asked for €103 , the full fine as the discount was not longer available as it was past a month plus the €3 Coreoss fee AGAIN .

Thanks to the the counter person writing the details down incorrectly we lost the €50 discount and paid Coreoss 3 x €3 fees , in short they benefited from the incompetence of the guy on the counter , to add insult to injury the guy who cocked it up was the same one that dealt with us when we returned , he admitted he had written initially the details down incorrectly causing us to have to pay a lot more than we should have an seemed to take pleasure in showing us that he couldent give a toss .

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:50 pm

You couldn’t make it up. If they were running there own business they would be bust within 2 years.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Paying fines that way is not the best way. If you live here then it is worth registering with Tráfico and if you get a fine, they will email you with the details and you can pay online with your credit card.

I recently got a fine on the car I had just part exchanged. They actually sent me a text message to say that they had sent an email with the details. It was quickly sorted out by Linea Directa.

As for Correos, you are lucky if you have a delivery service at all, even if it doesn’t work. We live about 1.6 km from the post office and do not get deliveries at all. Our only option is a post office box which costs about €70 a year for just one person. It works well. If there is a package the slip is put in the box and we just ask for the parcel.

We are lucky that out local Correos is very small and helpful. A bottle of decent wine at Xmas works wonders. If we get a parcel they now phone us to say it’s arrived.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:36 pm

As wth a lot of things in Spain it depends where you live.
I live in the campo so dont get, or expect, postal deliveries.
However I put up a post box, along with several others, where our track joins a real road. Postman happily leaves our mail in my postbox. If there is a package too big or needs signing for, he leaves a card and I collect it from his offce.
Lately he has been sending me a whatsapp message when he is about 5 minutes from my post box. If I am at home I drive down and meet him at my post box.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

scs3jb
Tourist

Postby scs3jb » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:59 pm

So today I got two parcels to my door. A more seasoned gentleman delivered them that I suspect has had the centre of Malaga for a longer tour of duty.

I asked about the other parcel and he said he didn't have the shift yesterday but he will talk to the other delivery man. He suspects he couldn't find the building and may have gone to the place around the corner.

Just got a txt saying that my parcel is ready for pickup.

I have plenty more arriving so let's see what happens.

scs3jb
Tourist

Postby scs3jb » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:31 pm

Brilliant, so the slip turned up today with a forged date and the wrong, non-existent tracking number on it. The alleged time is definitely wrong as I was in the flat.

My guess is someone got told off :)

All other mail seems to be flowing fine at the moment, but I have more deliveries pending.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:01 pm

I'm usually around when the postman come so if I get a slip in my letter box and I was in, I complain at the post office and it doesn't usually happen again until the postman changes.

When it does, the excuse is that they don't deliver certain items and they always have to be collected. Light bulbs my wife buys from Amazon is an example.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:06 pm

On Thursday Senior Management got a phone call while we were at lunch with visitors, could we pop in to the Correos in the morning to collect two packages please before they sent them back.
Baffled of the campo at this point as this has never happened before and we were not expecting anything.
They took a bit of finding the following day as it was a different lady but they were duly found and after a bit of investigation we realised that they were undelivered from June and had been replaced FOC by the vendor.
SM will naturally be reporting their eventual delivery on Monday :wink: