All year round covering pool

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

All year round covering pool

Postby Torrox_campo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:13 am

We have a type of cover which I think for summer to keep the heat in as the underlay has bubbles and it can be roll onto a spindle. This cover came with the house and cut into the shape of the pool of 4x7 metres with a semi circle steps at one end. The bubles are disintergrating shedding small pieces of plastic into the water.
As we only use the house for less than 6 months of the years we are looking to replace the pool cover with a winter cover type which lies over the pool area and secured onto hooks positioned on and around the top of the pool.
I have searched in this section but couldn't find a reference to local company making pool cover. Does anyone know a company in the Nerja - Velez Managa who manufactures pool cover? Thank you for all advice.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: All year round covering pool

Postby El Cid » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:53 am

Try these people

http://tecnicasmaro.com/pool-covers-and-rollers/

My neighbour bought one 10 years ago and it's still OK. The winter covers are much more expensive than the bubble covers.

Sid

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:05 am

Thank El Cid. I notice that they're based in Maro. Did they make to measure the cover or your neighbour bought the cover off shelf? We will talk to them regarding the cover for our pool.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:27 am

They came and measured it and after it had been made they fitted it including drilling and fitting the locating pins.

I think you may well find it costs €1000 but it will last, except for the elastic loops which perish in the sun and need replacing every few years - it's an easy DIY job.

Sid

Torrox_campo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Torrox_campo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:07 pm

That seems quite a lot, I was thinking the region of €300 - €500 but I do appreciate it if the cover will last. I'll fill out the contact form to get a quote from them. Thank again El Cid.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:05 pm

There are many types of cover. A lot are a mesh material which is cheaper. This cover is not porous at all and is quite thick material. It takes two people to carry it. I am sure the people at Maro have cheaper options.

Sid