Energy Nordic

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Rogue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Energy Nordic

Postby Rogue » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:58 pm

My energy supplier is Endessa and get huge electricity bills. Has anyone used EnergyNordic? I pay about 500€ everytwo months and have just had an actual reading and been told I owe another 3500€ which thay have just taken from my bank without notification. I want to change to a new cheaper supplier and am thinking EnergyNordic

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Energy Nordic

Postby Enrique » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi Rogue,
We drifted in to CHC Energía .........via various take overs........ Their site isn't very user friendly..... :crazy:

https://www.chcenergia.es/es/

https://www.chcenergia.es/en/offers-and ... ce-prices/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Alcala Barry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alcala Barry » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:26 pm

Enrique, were you with Endessa before CHC? Either way are you finding CHC cheaper than before and are they ok to deal with?

Rogue. That's a hell of a bill they have lamped you with. Are you still on an old-type meter? We are with Endessa as well, but while we find them expensive at times, our bills are nothing like your monthly ones. One thing that they are good at is their App allows you to monitor your useage and your meter readings all of the time. Never had any problems with them and the bills always match the meter readings.

Barry

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Rogue - I agree with Barry - what kind of installation do you have that needs that much electric? or have you got neighbours who have tapped into your line??? I should seriously ask for a check on your system. We are quite happy with Endesa though their website is a nightmare and local offices rare as hens teeth.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Rogue - what potencia are you contracted for and do you have a three phase supply?

Sid

Rogue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rogue » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Yes, I'm on 3 phase and have 17.4kw each phase.

Rogue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rogue » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:14 pm

and Sid, we have friends in Herradura and love it there

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Surely that is 17.4 kw in total?

We have 14kw 3 phase and our annual bill is about the same as yours at €1200, so it doesn't sound as if you have a meter problem or a tapped supply.

I was with Endesa but when they forced 3 phase users onto the open market I changed to Iberdrola. For the last three annual contracts they have reduced the charges slightly. They are very helpful and I have been assigned a local contact who deals with contract renewals and any problems (none so far).

Sid

Rogue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rogue » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Thanks Sid, I have had leaflets from Iberdrola. I will take a look

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi Alcala Barry,

"Enrique, were you with Endessa before CHC? Either way are you finding CHC cheaper than before and are they ok to deal with?"

No to Endesa........when we originally bought a meter reader came with his brown book and gave us any bills that had accumulated in our absence .

Some years back three suits from Madrid came, looked at the infrastructure and next thing we had Bills from CHC Energía, the meter reader lost his job and we had change companies......"CHC Energía was born in 2009, a company that grouped together the sales activities of over 200 small electricity distributors"

Rogue: Looks like you will have room for negotiating with your Potencia. We are on a low one (3.3Kw) that I understand is set in stone so no point in changing suppliers........Your bills don't look so bad now you have posted your Potencia........ :)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Yes, knowing the potencia gives us a better idea of what you are up against.
To really p!ss you off - ours is about 90 euros for two months, except in summer when it can get up to 100 euros! But then our potencia is the minimal rate. You can see why I was shocked to see your charges.