Who sells tiles??

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Alanandjan
Tourist

Who sells tiles??

Postby Alanandjan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi, I need to buy some tiles to match some on the terrace. I have a couple of samples. My question is, who sells tiles? Do the Ferriteria source them? or do you have to find a builders yard? I'm not back over until November. I think there is a builders yard in the village but when I drove past it only seemed to stock sand, bricks etc BTW, they are the blue patterned Andalucian wall tiles.
Apologies for what might seem like a daft question. :?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Who sells tiles??

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:20 pm

In our experience we have been to a tile shop that only sells tiles and tile adhesive etc. We have an excellent little one in our village that has sourced various designs and styles for us. The bigger DIY shops like Leroy Merlin will also sell them but may not have the style you need.

Someone nearer to your area may know of a local tile shop and can help you further or have a drive around your nearest poligono where there may be one.

Alanandjan
Tourist

Postby Alanandjan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks Wicksey, It seems that Archidona is the place I need to go to for all my needs. Its about 30 mins away but they have a dedicated tile showroom etc so in future I will just look there. :thumbup:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:38 pm

If you are stuck, the builders merchant on the way into Loja from Rosario has a display of andalucian tiles at the back of the showroom but of course it is further to transport them.

Porcelanosa in Granada have a big range on display if you are still stuck.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:35 pm

There's a shop on the way into Antequera from the motorway (A45) - go past the poligono, and it's on the right just past the hospital roundabout. It's in a building called Edificio Torres, & the shop is called Pavimientos Torres. We got some nice tiles from there :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:22 am

Or a drive out to the coast for a bit of lunch and go to the big sheds in Malaga on the Poligono Guadalhorce

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:22 am

Do remember if you are picking them up yourself - they must be stacked in the car/trailer/whatever vertically. If you lay them flat the first bump can crack them.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

cerrillo
Tourist

Postby cerrillo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi, I also live in Rosario, as you drive into the village past the petrol station on the same side there is a builders merchants called Chicon, they sell loads of tiles they have them displayed at the back of the unit, they also have the Andalucian tiles as I got the ones for my sister's house there. They will deliver them for you at no cost. My house was demolished and rebuilt and practically everything, taps, tiles you name it came from there.

Also I meant to reply to you query re rubbish tip etc - I will put my response on that thread.

Regards

Alanandjan
Tourist

Postby Alanandjan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Thanks Cerrillo, that was the builders yard I was talking about. I would rather shop local as its good for the village and I may be able to get some info on local builders when I'm there.

Alan