Non Residents Tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
marios
Resident

Non Residents Tax

Postby marios » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi,

Can someone answer this, we sold up in the UK and moved to Spain beginning of October last year, we have had our property here for 11 yrs, been paying all our non resident taxes in that time, now this is our one and only residence do we still have to pay non residents tax for last yr.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Non Residents Tax

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi Marios,
Probably have to pay pro-rata for 2016............ :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Thnaks Enrique.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Do you mean from the point of view of becoming a fiscal resident of Spain and paying tax as a resident rather than a non-resident?

I don't think you can change your fiscal residency half way through a financial year so you will be fiscal residents from 2017 onwards meaning that you will need to declare non-resident tax for the whole of 2016 (or maybe I have misunderstood your question).

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:34 pm

[quote="marios"]Hi,

Can someone answer this, we sold up in the UK and moved to Spain beginning of October last year, we have had our property here for 11 yrs, been paying all our non resident taxes in that time, now this is our one and only residence do we still have to pay non residents tax for last yr.[/

Partial answer for you. If you move to Spain after July 1st in a given year you are not tax resident for that year. So you only became tax resident in Spain in 2017. For income tax purposes you do not need to do a tax return or complete modelo 720 for 2016 and do not need to pay any income tax in Spain for 2016.

However I don't know how that effects your Spanish non resident property tax sutuation.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:27 am

Yes I new the income tax side of it but was not sure about the non resident tax situation.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi Marios,
From a " tax advisory " site..........where is the pinch of salt emoji............. :?:

Form 210 Non-Resident Tax

" If you only owned the house for part of the year the tax is pro rated to the period of ownership."

As you will not be saving much.....just pay for the full year............. :?: this is going on what other Members have said they pay......
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:03 pm

I thought he had owned the house for eleven years and has now moved here to live in it permanently. How does pro rata come into it?