Digital Certificate

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
User avatar
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 3355
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 7:52 pm
Location: Cheshire & near Antequera

Re: Digital Certificate

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Interesting - this could be why I failed miserably in my attempts to get a CL@VE ;-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Andalucia Guru
Posts: 9710
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:11 pm
Location: Guadalhorce Valley

Re: Digital Certificate

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:27 pm

The problem with a non-resident obtaining a 'Certificado de Registro de ciudadano de la unión' is that it is one of the criteria used by AEAT, rightly or wrongly, when they are trying to determine whether a person should be paying tax as a resident rather than a non-resident.

When I originally obtained my Cl@ve Permanente in 2012 it would not accept the number on the certificate as the 'número de soporte' and AEAT IT told me to use the number on my old residencia card. I did and it worked even though the card had expired five years earlier. Then, earlier this year it stopped working and I received an error message to the effect that the document from which the number was obtained had expired and that I had to renew it!

I tried using the number on my green sheet but it would not accept it, not even with the extra 0. Luckily I had just renewed my digital certificate which I use regularly in preference to the Cl@ve because it took me nearly a week to get the Cl@ve situation sorted out. I contacted AEAT IT on Skype but they just took me through the normal procedure which I already done several times and which I knew would end with an error message. They insisted that the número soporte was correct and had no explanation for the error message.

I had to make an appointment in the tax office where I saw a woman who immediately reminded me of 'Grandma' in the Giles cartoons. She threw her hands up in horror and said she did not know what to do and that I should go to the IT department so I went up the stairs to the hallowed grounds of the IT department where I saw the boss who had no idea what I was talking about and suggested that I should get a digital certificate instead.

Then an attractive young lady returned from her breakfast break and took charge. She delved into the depths of her computer and said that the número de suporte of my residence card (and that of my wife) had been annulled by someone from CNP because it was out of date and that was why my Cl@ve would not work. She could not rectify the error from her computer and said I needed to see someone downstairs whom I immediately recognised as 'Grandma'. She saw my look of horror and said she would come with me and explain to Grandma what needed to be done. I finally ended up with a printout of the number from my green sheet with an extra 0 and a new code with which to enter the system for both my wife and myself.

When I got home I went through the process again and finally got both of our Cl@ves to work. Renewing our digital certificates was a doddle by comparison.

User avatar
White Horse
Posts: 1808
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:35 pm
Location: England

Re: Digital Certificate

Postby White Horse » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:48 am

Enrique you seem confused as to what is a non-resident. All of those listed are residents, officially:
DNI electrónica (Is an eleoctronic file on a computer verifying a Spanish National)
DNI (Is a Spanish National's ID card)
Tarjeta de extranjero (Is a residents card for non EU nationals)
Permiso de Residencia ( Might be an old Residents card?)
Certificado de Registro de ciudadano de la unión (Is the current certificate which most UK ex-pats call a residency green card or A4 sheet of paper)

User avatar
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 8188
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Camberley/Alcala La Real

Re: Digital Certificate

Postby Enrique » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:52 am

Hi White Horse,

"Certificado de Registro de ciudadano de la unión (Is the current certificate which most UK ex-pats call a residency green card or A4 sheet of paper)"

Back in the day if you wanted to stay in Spain more than 90 days you had to Register with the Policia , this was called Temporary Residencia on the application Form EX-18, once completed you were issued with The Green Form.

Earlier this year I used Form ID (Número Soporte ) to obtain a CL@ve PIN on line.

I see the form EX-18 still has the Temporary Residence section.

As one one would expect in Spain the goal posts may have been moved..............
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

Return to “Computers, Internet, Telephony, TV & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest