Axar Cars

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Axar Cars

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 am

Thinking about buying a car from them. Does anyone have any experiences?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Axar Cars

Postby costakid » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:14 am

The guy is English. He buys a lot of cars from auctions so they may be high miles but should be well maintained. He is based near Caleta. He seems nice enough. If I remember his name is Alan.

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:03 am

Thanks again Costa. He seems to sell a decent amount of cars so probably decent enough. Will try to arrange a couple of viewings for the weekend. If nothing else its a nice place to visit. Regards

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:41 am

Has OP or anyone else subsequently tried Axar Cars? They haven't got my kind of vehicle but I was considering asking them to let me know when they do. Less hassle than my UK LHD bring-over idea if they are decent. Also, many, many promising cars listed by (proper) dealers in milanuncios et al neglect to mention ITV. Is it the case here that cars in dealers usually do have it (hence no mention) or is it more likely than not it's expired and I'm supposed to sort it?
Apols if it's a :roll: question. 1st time buyer in Spain.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:02 am

Axar cars usually sell ex lease cars so not sure what your budget is. Buying a banger here is fraught with danger.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Like others have found, my budget for over here has gone up in response to the absolute heaps that came in at my original. For now, though, I have to put a €3k ceiling on what is meant to move me around for a year or two. I don't mind dents/scrapes/blsitering (my present hire car, as with previous, has been left an affectionate ding by persons unknown) but I want evidence of an oily rag having been near it in the past as I'll continue to service it.
I do see service history mentioned but often ITV is not. Just wondered if it's commonplace for dealers to sell with ITV or, unless "en vigor" or "recien pasada" is mentioned, to assume that it's for me to sort out.