Request from Gestor

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
EthanT

Request from Gestor

Postby EthanT » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Hey guys

My Gestor has asked me to visit the town hall to get an electronic signature for my taxes (have no idea why).

The issue I have is that I am registered on a padron different to the area I now live, will that be a problem for this process?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Request from Gestor

Postby El Cid » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:13 pm

You should be on the Padron where you now live. You can sign on at the town hall and they should arrange for you to be removed from the old one.

Sid

EthanT

Postby EthanT » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Thanks

Yes your right, I just don’t know where. I’ve been told two places now and am unsure. Is the change instant? Just because I’m trying to get this all done in one day due to time off work..

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:55 pm

What sort of electronic sig are you looking for? If it is a digital certificate, you only go to the town hall after you have initiated the request on your PC and printed out a reference code. If it is a cl@vePIN you start that process by email.

Sid

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi EthanT,
Welcome to The Forum............

Obtaining a Digital Signature.........2nd Phase of the operation.

Credit to Google for the Translation............ :D

"Once the previous phase has been completed and you are in possession of your Application Code, to continue with the process, you must prove your Identity in one of our Registration Offices.

For your convenience, you can use our OFFICE LOCATOR service" ..see below..........going from your location there are two either side of your town.

http://mapaoficinascert.appspot.com/

As Sid has pointed out would be better to go for CL@ve PIN than faffing about getting the above.......... 8)

If you go for the Digital Signature please document the current procedure including the OS and Browser used ,as the FAQ on this is Bloated and has out of date links.......you will get a mention in despatches when Beach or Sid update the FAQ............ :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:35 pm

May be a silly question (and I know you said you don't know why), but wonder why your gestor needs you to get a digital signature at all? Surely if you're using a gestor, that negates the need for one?
(Of course, you may find it useful to have anyway)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:56 pm

I obtained a Digital Cert last year at the same time i was given a permanent Clave . Have always found the Clave all we needed to access a lot of government sites ,

Remember we went to the Town Hall and they sent us to the local Police and show my passport , cant for the life of me remember what else we did or what we did when we got it , just remember doing something with the Laptop and browser , Will have o look and see if its still active or of any use .

We have windows 7 and use Chrome Browser but i also have Firefox which i never use but i have a feeling was only for the purpose of installing the Digital Cert .

If anyone knows the simple steps to getting it and installing it i would be grateful to know as memory isn't what it was , also if there is anyway to check to see if i already completed the process and its where it should be on my laptop .

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Hi AcoAko,
If you think you used Firefox look in Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> View Certificates ->Your certificates

(might depend on which version of Firefox you have)

As you Have the CL@ve PIn the above may be redundant for you.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:48 am

Thanks Enrique , had a look , its not there , dont have any so im now wondering if i did what was needed to instal or add it . Its possible that it might have required IE which i also have but never use . found them now via Internet Options > Content > Certificates but there are so many its hard to know which one it might be as i doubt the name of that particular Certificate will be something recognizable or self explanatory .

Tried a search on Chrome start menu for digital Certificate an nothing cam up at all .

I was wrong before when i said i had to go to Local police station , when i looked for the address of the place i had to go it came up with s street name and number , when we went there it was the Local Ploice but 10-12 years ago it used to be the Town Hall , the police DID send us t the Town Hall to show identification and complete the process NOT as i thought the Police . The website was obviously out of date .

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:21 am

Hi,
" Certificates but there are so many its hard to know which one it might be as i doubt the name of that particular Certificate will be something recognizable or self explanatory ."

Look in the Personal Tab............the format of the Certificate,.......your surname ,first and middle name and then NIE

Example............. AkoAko John Henry X1234567Y................... :D

Check it out by trying to access " My Files " on this site...............using IE where your Certificate is installed........ :idea:

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... icio.shtml

Click on"Electronic Office"

"My Files"

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:59 am

Going back to the original post, a bone fide gestor should have an AEAT username and password enabling him to submit tax returns online on behalf of his clients.

So what if you manage to obtain a digital certificate or the inferior and less secure Cl@ve Pin, will he want you to give them to him to be able to use on your behalf? This is akin to giving someone the username and password to your bank account or any other sensitive internet site and would enable him, if he was so inclined, to commit grand scale fraud in your name.

If you obtain a digital certificate or Cl@ve you should guard it with the same care and attention as you would, hopefully, the access details to your bank account and not give it to all and sundry to use on your behalf..

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:31 am

Once again clear instructions Enrique , followed them and it came up " No digital certificate is detected or it has not been selected correctly " , as i thought , , i had the Permanent Clave and it allowed me to do everything i needed to at the time so i didn't complete the process so now i have to find how it was sent to me and what i need to do to install it .

I remember i applied for everything while doing my Renta last June as there were things like my address and relationship to my wife that had to be corrected and although the Web Renta worked fine for the annual return i needed a more secure log in to do other things . When i did our friends Renta a couple of weeks later i did it with just a few of their personal details . From what i understand access for some procedures can be made using personnel details but the clave gives you more options , is the Digital Cert another level of security giving more options again or just another method equal to the Clave or does it provide greater access as the Clave does compared to personal details as i noticed you mentioned it might now be .

Now i have to find how and where the comunication is that included the Digital Cert and get it installed .

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:49 pm

This will sound like a silly question considering i only dealt with this last year but i am assuming they sent me the certificate or whatever form it cam in via an email and i have 3 accounts and for the life of me i cant find it . Does anyone know what the senders email addy or subject mater will be so i can use the emails mail search , spent hours going through them all and i cant find it unless im seeing it and not recognizing it .

Also if i can find t and its not supposed to be installed within a certain period and can still be done , will it give me acess to more than the Clave does or is it nothing more than an alternative method , all i know is that the Clave gives me access to things that using personal data doesn't .

Read through an old 2013 thread and it says Digital Cert at that time was valid for 3 years and can be renewed online , is that still the case , again assuming it gives more that a Clave , if not then i wont bother .

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi AkoAko,

The Code may have come from........... [email protected]

As you have CL@ve PIN why are you still faffing(technical term for spending hours/days sorting out a computer problem and getting nowhere) about with this............. :?:

:D

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Only because i understood the digital certificate gave access to more information and services than the Clave . Faffling seems to be an appropriate word , know t well so must be universally recognized .

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi AKOAko,
Of late I've not seen any Government(Spanish) sites that have only shown the Digital Signature as means of access.
Have a look round in which sites you're interested in, and check out access requirements........... :idea:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:33 pm

My Gestor having my DS saves me a lot of time. Sometimes i need to send information regarding my autonomo status and proof from The tax and social security departments that payments are up to date.
I just tell him who needs what and it’s usually done within the hour.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi AKOAko,
Of late I've not seen any Government(Spanish) sites that have only shown the Digital Signature as means of access.
Have a look round in which sites you're interested in, and check out access requirements........... :idea:
The Junta still requires a DC to access the inner sanctums of the health site, such as to change your doctor or access your personal details. I haven't come across any others.

Sid

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Found it and installed it and it says installed successfully and now shows in my Chrome Settings > Advanced > Manage certificates > Personal . The thing downloaded like any download and is in my download file . They say the Cert has to be downloaded and installed on the same computer and browser but then they say make a backup incase your computer fails or is replaced which would contradict that to mean it can be installed on a different computer and browser later .

Might still be useful as we do everything ourselves where possible , seems the only way to be sure things are done correct , i have spent hours righting mistakes by Gastorias and Lawyers . Should add that i do spend a lot of time reaching everything before committing , without this forum and the well informed members would take an awful lot long so when i can i pass on anything i think could assist others ,wife and relatives cal me a control freak , they might be right .

The email came from [email protected] .

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi AkoAko,
Thanks for the update......... the email I had was from 2012 so they have changed it, a bit like all their procedures over the years.

:!: :!: NOW :!: :!: Export the the DS from Chrome and save it in a couple of Places ..external drives . It should have a four year expiry date .

The same computer bit is only until you have downloaded and installed it in your Browser.........once you have done that you can Export it/them to another Browser(Import) and computer no problem.