Residencia requirements

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
farmgirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Residencia requirements

Postby farmgirl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Every time I look for assistance from different sources I get ten different views. Just looked at 'padron' info and every town is different for when and how you register. Done that today. Yeah! I need to renew my NIE but think residencia is the best bet. However, I see I need a lump sum deposit with a form to fill out first and all this........

Current passport and one photocopy
2 recent passport style photos with your name clearly written on the back
A completed EX18 form, plus 3 photocopies of it
Form 790 which is filled in and signed by your bank. It confirms your Spanish bank account and the money you have in there. You can get this form at your local Comisaria de Policia (police station) and costs 10.60€ (as of 2016).
A padrón certificate that was issued less than three months ago. You can obtain this document at your local town hall, and is a way for the government to know how many people are living in a certain area. Normally you only need to bring your passport and one copy, but some town halls have other rules and ask you to bring a rental contract as well. The best thing to do is to ask them what they expect you to bring.
Further documents that might be requested can include:

A medical certificate, depending on country of origin and recent residency

Wow! The thing I am concerned about is private health care. I am now in receipt of a private work pension as I am 60 but someone told me it must be a Government pension which I don't get until I am 67. Will I have to be exorbitant health care charges monthly to be able to do this? Sorry this is a long post but a lot hinges on this.
Elaine

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Residencia requirements

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:51 pm

You dont need to renew a NIE. The number is for life. Some NIE certificates say valid for three months on them but it doesnt mean you have to renew every three months. Sometime when doing officaldom they will ask for one less than three months old which is the only time you will need to "renew" it.

If you have been here for more than 90 days and live here the law says you should apply for residencia. If you are under state pension age and only have a private/public sector pension you will need to take out private healthcare for at least the first year as after you have been resident for one year you can apply to go onto the spanish NHS by paying around €65 a month. From the bit of research ive done i would say depending on what you want it would cost between 500-1000 euro for healthcare.others will have more info on that

Depends on who you see when applying for residencia but alot are now requiring you show proof of a full years health cover paid in full rather than just a monthly direct debit. also some are picky on the plans they accept ie not ones with co payments. Everywhere varies so you check at the police station where you intend to apply.

farmgirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby farmgirl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:14 pm

Thanks. Mine isn't for life by the way. Valid until 2009 only! Times have changed since then. I have a fingerprinted card. No longer made. Everŷone picks up on that. Long story. Didn't know it expired and been using it all this time! Thanks for info as usual, the rules vary depending where you live. Unbelievable.
Elaine

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:09 pm

You are confusing your NIE with your (old) residency card. The NIE is for life and the number never changes. The card always had a 5 year life and has not been issued for some time. You can no longer renew it, to have to sign onto the register of foreigners at the National Police station and get issued with a green form/card. For this you need to prove adequate income and health cover.

Sid

farmgirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby farmgirl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Thanks Sid.
Elaine

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Of course, watch this space is an apt expression as things might change as the UK leaves the EU. We might find we will need to have the card again.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:19 pm

The Modelo 790 form is not for your bank to confirm your account details - it is the form you need to take to a bank in order to pay the fee associated with having your certificate of registration issued (which has now increased to €10.71). It may be available from your neareast Extranjeria office, but at the one closest to me in Torre del Mar, they do not now issue this form and tell you to download it from the internet or obtain one from the copy shop next door (at a cost, naturally). You need oo complete 3 copies (they say photocopies are not acceptable) - one for the bank, one to be retained by the Extranjeria once it has been stamped to confirm the fee has been paid and one for you to keep.

farmgirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby farmgirl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:54 pm

Thank you.
Elaine