Junkyard

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Stalvik
Tourist

Junkyard

Postby Stalvik » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi
Next week we'll be going down to Martos (Jaen) to our newly purchased house. One of the first things we need to do is get rid of a lot of junk left by the previous owners. This would be stuff like an old TV, old computer, furniture that is beyond salvage etc. Does anyone know if there is a junkyard close to Martos/Jaen where we could get rid of the stuff? Or what do you do if you have big stuff that you need to get rid of?
Thanks for any tips and ideas!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Junkyard

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Usual procedure is to find the municipal Centro Limpio which is usually on the outskirts of town, and take all your cumbersome and/or environmentally unfriendly, or big recyclables - if you cannot get them there yourself, ask and they will often have a day when they do a circuit locally to collect. Beachcombers link gives you a lot of info for your area direct.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:29 pm

you could also ask a local charity shop - they may recycle, upcycle or give away stuff and often collect.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Stalvik
Tourist

Postby Stalvik » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Great! Thanks for the help. This is garbage beyond recycling I'm afraid. Will check the link!
Happy New year!