Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
pengwynne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby pengwynne » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Many thanks!! Beachcomber. As always, a reliable source of information. I will continue with the 19%.

Marly
Tourist

Postby Marly » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Is there any possibility to pay the non-resident income taxes from Sweden by bank transfer?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:37 pm

I don't think this is possible without a digital certificate unless your bank has a specific pay online option which caters for the form 210.

Failing this, if you are known at your Spanish bank they may allow you to send the forms to them for processing in the same way as if you had taken them in personally. This is an informal arrangement that some members have with their bank.

The bank is under no obligation to handle the forms in this way and you would need to make a prior arrangement with them before doing so.

Marly
Tourist

Postby Marly » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Thank you for reply Beachcomber.
Is there another way to pay this taxes without traveling to Spain?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Do you know anyone here to whom you can send the money and the forms and ask them to pay? I cannot think of any other way.

Marly
Tourist

Postby Marly » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:25 pm

One of my friends will travel to Torrevieja for Christmas holiday. If I print modelo 210 and sing all pages, can she pay the tax on any bank?

I checked the internet for Spanish bank holiday. Banks are closed 22 -25 December (and also 1 January). Is this correct?
She may can help me if banks are open 26-27 Dec.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Yes, she should be able to but I know that some branches of CajaSur and Unicaja no longer accept payment by cash. I think the best bet may be Banco Popular or Cajamar but warn her that she may need to try a couple of banks before the forms are accepted.

darjatrading
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby darjatrading » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:58 pm

Dear Beachcamber 17 12 28

Thanks for your kind & prompt reply.

May you kindly advise what is the rate (Non Resident Income Tax Form 210) for year 2018 " fiscal year 2017 " ?
Has any changes done for the taxation rates with comparision to year 2017 " fiscal year 2016" which was 24% and 19 % ??

Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

Best regards

Darja
Last edited by darjatrading on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:38 pm

The rate for the fiscal year of 2015 for fiscal residents of European Union member states was 19,5% and for 2016 it was 19%. For fiscal residents of countries outside of the European Union it was 24% in both cases.

darjatrading
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby darjatrading » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Dear Readers 18 01 04

May you kindly advise what is the rate (Non Resident Income Tax Form 210) for year 2018 " fiscal year 2017 " ?
Has any changes done for the taxation rates with comparision to year 2017 " fiscal year 2016" which was 24% and 19 % ??

Best regards

Darja

darjatrading
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby darjatrading » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Dear Beachcamber 18 01 04

Thanks for your kind & prompt reply.

Best regards

Darja

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:50 pm

See this reply to another member asking the same question in this thread recently:
Beachcomber wrote:The information from AEAT, when the rates were last published, stated that the tax rate of 19% would continue for 2017 unless a new rate was published, which it hasn't. If there were to be a change of rate for 2017 you would get an error message because the tax rate is checked against the fiscal year by the program.

adamski
Tourist

Postby adamski » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Hi, can I start by saying a massive thank you to all those who contribute to these forums - I've spent many hours reading the excellent advice freely offered.

I wonder if anyone can offer advice? I'm a non-resident and every December I complete a modelo 210 tax form. In the past, I entered my details on the AEAT site, printed off the PDF forms and posted them to Caixabank in Spain to be stamped and the money transferred from my account. During 2017 I switched from Caixabank to Bankia. They have an option on Internet banking to pay modelo 210 tax, so I used that from the UK. I entered my NIE number as a reference, but there was no option for me to enter the 13 digit 'número de justificante' shown on the PDF I have saved on my PC. So I'm unclear as to how AEAT will be able to link to the information contained in the PDF. When I made the transfer on the Bankia website, a 'CRN/NRC' was generated in the form 1234567890123S3A123456.

So my first question is, for my December 2017 payment, how can I tell AEAT to link this CRN/NRC to the número de justificante on my PDF?

I'm going to Spain next week and am wondering if I should register to do future tax payments entirely online, using a digital certificate, electronic DNI or Cl@ve PIN. I like the sound of the Cl@ve PIN as it will work on multiple computers, but looking at the AEAT site, that's not an option for submitting modelo 210. So that leaves the digital certificate and the electronic DNI.

So my second question is, which method do you recommend? Can I set it up from the UK, or will I need to visit an AEAT/other office while in Spain? I'm quite computer-savvy but unfortunately my Spanish is not great.

If I will need to visit an office in Spain, do you think I should take someone with me who speaks fluent Spanish? My last visit to an AEAT office a few years ago was a disaster as the member of staff spoke very quickly in Spanish and was not willing to slow down for me.

Very many thanks for reading this and I hope someone will be able to help.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi adamski,
Welcome to The Forum............ :D

"So my second question is, which method do you recommend?"..............Both Digital Signature(DS) and CL@ve PIN

Will need to set this up on your next visit.

For the DS you will need to visit the Office in your area at some stage in the Obtaining the DS.....please see FAQ on the subject.

For the CL@ve PIN it might be best to get the DS first and then request a letter in the procedure to obtain one.

According to CL@ve PIN FAQ............
There are five "ID" options that you can choose from...............see
http://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.in ... _CSV.shtml

From my experience as NON-Resident I needed the ID on my "Green" Form (Temporary Resident 90 days) as that was the only ID available for Non-Resident.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

adamski
Tourist

Postby adamski » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Many thanks for your welcome and reply, Enrique.

Looking at the Modelo 210 page on the AEAT site ... https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... GF00.shtml ... it seems that for Modelo 210 submissions, the digital certificate is more useful (currently) than the Cl@ve PIN.

I've just had a look at the forum guidance on 'Obtaining a Digital Signature' which seems straightforward (famous last words!) so maybe I should give that a go.

Any ideas on my first question?

Thanks again,
adamski

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:40 pm

Hi adamski,

Can't help on first question........I've always taken the easy option and taken Form to Bank and paid, might give it (Online Payment) a go this year as my Bank now has the Pay Modelo 210 Option.

Beachcomber will have some ideas when he reads your Post............ :idea:

adamski
Tourist

Postby adamski » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:01 pm

OK thanks Enrique.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi adamski,
Came across this info that maybe of interest for your local office when applying for Digital Certificate..........

http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_6/Sed ... N&locCom=2

adamski
Tourist

Postby adamski » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Thanks for that Enrique - I'll have a look.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi. Question about the notifications site notificaciones.060.es. I just got an email from them saying that the email address associated with my NIF/CIF/NIE has been removed from the notification system because it has not been used for notifications for 3 years. In fact, I have never received any notifications from them since I first signed up. Is this normal? Or did I somehow not sign up correctly and that's why I never got any notifications? I have been submitting Form 210 quarterly for the past several years with no problems.

The email says that I can sign up again. Should I bother?

Thanks.
Eric S.