Tourism Registry for holiday lets

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
MickHick

Tourism Registry for holiday lets

Postby MickHick » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Apologies if this has been asked previously but I didn't get a hit when searching.
I have a house near Benamargosa (Velez-Malaga way) which we will let as a holiday let. The property has been officially registered with the Tourist Board and a certificate has been issued. However, we are required to notify the police (presumably) with details of renters but there doesn't appear to be any information as to how to do this. I found a link to the police site https://webpol.policia.es/e-hotel/# but it requires log on details which does not appear in any of the paperwork. Has anyone else cracked this? I appreciate that the system does not appear to be standarised across Andalucia. Thanks

pensure1988
Resident

Re: Tourism Registry for holiday lets

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi

I only found this article with the same website .

https://www.spain-holiday.com/rentalbuz ... ental-home

Good Luck

David

MickHick

Postby MickHick » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:19 am

Thanks David - the guy who looks after the property for us is going to make further enquiries, but it is beginning to look as though you have to go into the police station in order to get the log on details. Will update this post if anything constructive comes of it! Mike

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:33 am

You need to make an appointment at your local guardia civil and take a spanish speaker if you cannot manage, copies and originals of everything, inc. your new certificate. They will call you back in a couple of days and show you how to do online entries and give you a code. We found them to be extremely helpful.

Flashman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Flashman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:34 pm

presumably you have air-con and heating installed in all living rooms and bedrooms in order to get your certificate from the tourist board? we have an old village house for which A/c units would be expensive and ugly. I'm not sure how to get round this conundrum. is there an official solution for old village properties???

I hope you don't mind me asking...?

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:41 pm

You need a vivienda rurales licence. This is for rural houses. A/C is not a requirement.

Flashman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Flashman » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:42 pm

really? even if we then want to rent the house out as an occasional holiday let? that's interesting

happyh
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby happyh » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:27 am

On a slightly different but related note.
Does anyone know if,as in the UK, a property attracts a different set of "Rates" if it is being used to run a business as opposed to residential use?
If so, should/could the Business Rates be applied in full or i part when you use the property for lettings?
Thanks