"go to" cafe/restaurant near Malaga airport

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
kerbut
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: "go to" cafe/restaurant near Malaga airport

Postby kerbut » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Ikea , meatballs !!!!
kerbut

kerbut
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby kerbut » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:13 pm

olive wrote:On the face of ot a good idea but paper coffee cups downstairs and it feels desperate. Upstairs is marginally better but then you have to run the gauntlet of lets have a look around and emerging three hours later with stuff you didnt really need and tired visitors.

No you don't, head for the toilets near the restaurant, the passage to the toilets is to the right , right in front of you is a lift that takes you down to the entrance.
kerbut

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:00 am

Another reasoon why i like Rio Frio...parking is straight outside the front door..no worries about being broken into.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Terry Tibbs wrote:Olive, I'm not sure whether or not this is the same place that you and Wollie were referring to in San Julián, but I have had some decent lunches here:

Mesón El Pollo del Tio Paco
Calle Londres, 6, San Julián 29004 Málaga
Tel: 952 236 127
Web site: http://www.elpollodeltiopaco.com/

I believe they are open every day except Wednesday.

I can second the reviews of the Venta del Tunel, or a bit further afield, going up the A-7000 road into the Montes de Málaga, there are several ventas along the way. I took some visitors to the Venta El Detalle the other day; it was a fairly 'basic' venta but had decent food and excellent views from the dining room down the valley to the coast. A little more 'up market' (and closer to Malaga) is the Ventorillo Santa Clara, with good food and a nice garden to eat it in when the weather obliges.

[Edited to correct the road number]
Terry

Been three times now with friends collected from the airport. First time it was shut. The other two were very enjoyable evenings . Nice ambience. Bit of a shock paying for olives to go with our drinks but that is life. Good suggestion, thanks. :thumbup:

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visits to the Chicken Shack. I've also been caught out by it being closed a couple of times in the past, so I try to remember to phone now before going. I know what you mean about being charged for olives; sadly the same thing happens in many other places these days, with the automatic charge for bread (whether or not you want it) having become very commonplace too.