Spanish Nationality?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spanish Nationality?

Postby patricia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Oh what a shame. Is there someone else who would look after them! Surely someone will feed them etc! :(
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:59 pm

Lavanda wrote:I do appreciate that where you live is vital to feeling 'at home' and to being accepted, etc. etc. We have just had the thread about how people are treated differently depending on where they live, I remember. As for your tale of woe, Miro and Patricia, the Spanish do tend to have the mentality that whatever is going wrong, it's not their fault. :think: Maybe I would fit right in if I became a Spanish national. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can say that again. Bike leaking oil all over the lovely tiles outside the front door and it wasnt fault someone tried to pinch the petrol, even so it went on leaking for years and nothing was done, sons bringing in their motor bikes into the hall and smashing the door as well as the side panels and no it wasnt her sons they are "muy bueno gente", on excuse after another, it was the people who were renting fault and so it went on....................! etc, despite the fact I was standing right behind him when he smashed the door open with the wheel and then without opening the two doors shoved his motor bike in taking wood off of the sides and this happened every day..............Awful. :thumbdown:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Well, I did't actually mean that I consider behaving like vandals was normal for the Spanish. That's one thing I would NEVER do — share a Casa Rural with a Spanish family — never mind actually buying a flat in a 'Community'. I love my neighbours but they are neighbours and not fellow inhabitants of the same building!!! What a nightmare.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Yes but they never took responsibility for their or their sons actions and still dont.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:36 pm

patricia wrote: Oh what a shame. Is there someone else who would look after them! Surely someone will feed them etc! :(
We feed them very little now. They go wandering every night, so I'm sure they'll find some other human suckers. :wink: Plus, they've killed a few pigeons - leaving the gory evidence on the lawn, which won't go down well with Old Grumpy Bitch :(
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:02 pm

I wish that I had a Pound..or a Euro for every time I've heard about problems with communities and Presidents/Chairmen etc.
It really isn't the exclusive domain of Brits and Spanish, it goes on with all nationalities .
Most presidents seem to be doing the job because no one else wants to do it, but will the 'pack' let them get on with the job..no chance...

I've had very little experience of apartment living or communities but when I was a 'shopkeeper' in Benidorm I had to listen to tales of woe nearly every day, and probably as many from Spanish people moaning because the President was from Barcelona or Madrid or Bilbao, and they just wouldn't agree with anything..on principle.
The problem is that the human race is very tribal, it doesn't matter what country you go to someone will be arguing with a neighbour etc., usually just about unimportant issues.
I've lived in 3 provinces in Spain, numerous counties in UK and 2 states in the US, all the same disagreeing about something or other and of course so much of it is politics or religion or race or family feuds or dog number 1's and 2's ...life is too short....Make Love Not War.... :lol: :lol:
Well that's my opinion....

Regards,
Gordon

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:33 pm

Gordon, you may not have had much experience of apartment living etc but it sounds like you have had much life experience due to all the places you have lived. You seem very happy and content and your posts are often quite positive and good to read.. :thumbup:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Pamela1,
Thank you for that .. :wave:

We are happy and content with our lot, but sometimes we do have slight pangs of missing UK and family, but fortunately we soon get over it !

Really it doesn't matter where you live, there are always problems but it's in my opinion most important to remain positive and make the most of what you have.
My cup is always half full...Not half empty..

Regards,
Gordon.. :thumbup:

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Excellent! Now where is the bottle of champagne my glass is only half full :D

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:31 pm

Wrong threat and cannot delete! :oops:

ChrisM
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ChrisM » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Free at Last wrote:DELE A2 is far from being fluent, though, it's only one level above Beginner.
I study Spanish every day and have done for nearly two years, and am at CEFR B1. Every person's achievements will differ, and be much quicker if immersed in Spanish life.

BTW, why is it that many European countries require 'only' five years residence and Spain ten years? Interesting also that they don't allow dual nationality, although others - e.g. Slovakia - have the same restriction. Just curious.
Mañana

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:09 pm

That's why I wouldn't go for Spanish nationalty. If it it were possible to have dual nationality, I would certainly have considered it, if the brexit nogotiations turn out detrometntal to ex-pats.

By the way, you can test your Spanish level here.

http://www.cervantes.to/test_inicial.html
Last edited by markwilding on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:28 pm

I'm with Benidorm on this one, I have a decent pension plus private medical care, and assets to dispose of as and when I wish, for me there would be no benefit in taking Spanish citizenship, I suppose for other people, especially younger ones there may be some benefit long term but for me there's no point.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:27 pm

I took my CCSE Spanish Nationality exam in November and just got the results!

I PASSED!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Had to tell somebody

Cheers :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm

:thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well done

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Thank you Patricia.
I am really pleased because I had a terrible cold when I took it, and had my doubts! My head was just a fog.

(There were hundreds of people taking it, but no Brits that I could hear. Mostly South American, Eastern Europe and Moroccan.)

Cheers

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Was that the language test or the Spanish general knowledge test?

Sid

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Well done, Unicorn. Great news.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:19 pm

It was the Spanish General Knowledge, the CCSE

Spanish political system, constitution, history, geography and life in Spain. The politic ones are very tricky!

Thanks Lavanda

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Well done. :thumbup: