Faulty Towers Dining Experience

In this section members new and old are encouraged to post news and information about events taking place in Andalucia.
1bassleft
Resident

Re: Faulty Towers Dining Experience

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:36 pm

Similarly, once I realized it's a sponsor rather than random chopped pork and ham. Servers and Tb have to be paid for.

Not wishing to be like the internet spelling police, but wouldn't the sponsor be better served with the correct thread title to get a better hit result on searches? More Fawlty Towers fans clicking than people looking for scaffolding suppliers?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Every post on this subject is a self-perpetuating own goal for those who feel the need to object because it keeps the thread in the 'New Posts' list. If it bothers certain members that much just put the OP on your ignore list or, if you feel so inclined, put the whole forum on your ignore list.

Also bear in mind that posts made by some members may be considered to be in contravention of rule 8-3 which applies to andalucia.com administration as much as it does to andalucia.com moderators.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:18 pm

That makes the situation quite clear, and much else besides.

As an international forum moderator myself (with 30,000+ subscribers), I and my colleagues always aim to be supportive of members, and respectful of their viewpoints, all the time they are reasonable and rational in their posts. It is a shame that this doesn't seem to be happening here, witness the first dismissive paragraph above.

Ultimately, forum staff do have to have the ability to terminate discussion, of course, but - and this is just a matter of common courtesy - this shouldn't be an immediate response, as it too often is with Beachcomber, with not even a PM. Sid, on the other hand, takes a different approach, and there are many regular contributors here who are really grateful for that.
Chris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:10 pm

1bassleft wrote:Similarly, once I realized it's a sponsor rather than random chopped pork and ham. Servers and Tb have to be paid for.

Not wishing to be like the internet spelling police, but wouldn't the sponsor be better served with the correct thread title to get a better hit result on searches? More Fawlty Towers fans clicking than people looking for scaffolding suppliers?
Have you considered the fact that Fawlty Towers is a copyrighted name owned by the BBC?

The performance being discussed clearly has, which is why they use a different name for their production.

Sid

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:38 pm

No, I hadn't

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:58 pm

At least it has brought the Events topic back to life. Until big promotions ran a paid ad' it had been dead for months.

As Cid says, if you don't like it pee off :mrgreen:

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 am

Hear Hear! Let's hope...END OF!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 am

As they sing in the Frozen song: Let it go Let it go