Malaga Airport P1 & P3 long term parking

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Nerjaboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Malaga Airport P1 & P3 long term parking

Postby Nerjaboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:00 pm

I used the P3 before for short periods but now looking to leave the car at the airport for longer periods.
The airport are offering 12 month contracts at what seem to be very competitive prices.

If anyone is using either of the car parks long term, would be interested to hear experiences.

Many thanks

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Malaga Airport P1 & P3 long term parking

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:18 pm

They have to be competitive as there is so much offsite cheap parking very close by.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:33 pm

We used to use Aena on-site parking as I am unhappy about having anyone else driving my car, or even leaving the keys.
I have happily used the Aena up here at Murcia San Javier, pre-booking with the free Aena Client membership, but now they are closing this airport and switching to Murcia International some 45kms away at Corvera they have not yet sorted the rates, or putting it on their list of airports.....they have only had 9 years to prepare for this since building Corvera, so I must be expecting too much!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Nerjaboy wrote:I used the P3 before for short periods but now looking to leave the car at the airport for longer periods.
The airport are offering 12 month contracts at what seem to be very competitive prices.
Can you post a link Nerjaboy please? or post info on the costs please? and whether the policy applies to other Aena airports? I've looked online, but can't find any mention of a "12 month contract" and in the absence of any one of the IT competent grand daughters, I am almost technically helpless......

Any thoughts welcomed......

Best Regards to all

Vincent

Nerjaboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nerjaboy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 pm

It's not on their website. I used to park there regularly and remembered seeing a printed price list on the desk so sent an e-mail to the Saba office and they replied.

Saba are the company who operate the car parks have been really helpful but they are now referring me to Aena central office and they aren't answering the questions I'm asking. They can't tell me whether pre-booking with dates is needed or you can just turn up, park and go.

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Thanks Nerjaboy, and for the PM

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Can i ask why ypu dont want to leave your keys? Dont you think its better to have the car at the airport when you arrive, or do you like to get on and off the bus with your kids / luggage?

For the same price with an 'offsite' company, your car can be collected and returned to you at parking express, and washed before you come back.

Oh i understand that you might think that someone might drive the car badly, but if its damage / people using it that worry you, dont they all mark it on your jobsheet? Dont you get a copy of it to see that all the scratches ect have been marked / your fuel level and milage is recorded?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Nerjaboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nerjaboy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:02 am

I prefer to park and take my keys as I have had two bad experiences with different companies that have effected my trust with the offsite companies.
The prices of the airport aren't that much more for the peace of mind of knowing where the car is and if I was to use P1 i jut walk to it with no third party.
Hope that answers your question.

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:18 am

I completely agree Nerjaboy.....

Having had poor experiences in the past forty years with both offsite shuttle and valet parking in both the UK (Luton where the car was badly bumped, and Gatwick, where it was parked on an urban street and incurred fines) and in Spain (Malaga and Sevilla, where in both cases the car was driven without authorisation, and left filthy inside), I now prefer to park my car personally, and to retain my keys. It's not always possible and perhaps costs a bit more, and ok, the car may still be damaged by others, but I would suggest that there is more chance of such problems if someone else has access, and is driving or moving the car. Personal opinion and preferences......

Heigh ho.......

Nerjaboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nerjaboy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Spanish_Lad

I haven't sent in the signed forms to Aena yet. If you PM me I am happy to look at your company.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:16 pm

I'd love to hear the terms and conditions on these forms Nerjaboy.
I'm Club Cliente with AENA and get 10% discount on everything "Airport"
I use P1 for long term (up to 14 days anyway) and am very happy with the prices, it's a bit of a walk but no waiting for a bus etc. I prepay, collect ticket at barrier on arrival and just exit with same ticket on return, never had a problem.

Nerjaboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nerjaboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:51 am

Have sent you a PM with the prices they sent me.
I am really struggling to get an answer on whether it's a turn up, park and go service or if as the terms and conditions they sent me suggest you have to prebook dates you want to leave the car there.
Hence my question here as to whether anyone uses it on a contract and what their experiences are...