SPANISH EXAM DELE FOR NATIONALITY CHANGE

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Unicorn
Resident

SPANISH EXAM DELE FOR NATIONALITY CHANGE

Postby Unicorn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:09 pm

Hello :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I just got my Spanish Language Dele results and

I PASSED :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

with 85%

So with the nationality exam done and passed I am on my way to becoming Spanish!!!!

(I must learn to park on roundabouts, never signal right or left unless going the other way and kiss every small baby I see!!)

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: SPANISH EXAM DELE FOR NATIONALITY CHANGE

Postby alpineSi » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Congratulations, a very healthy score! Is the certificate suitably ornate?

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:50 pm

Congratulations, and don't forget to wave your arms around and gesticulate during heated discussions :-)

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:09 pm

Thank you Alpine :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Certificate a mere printout, but suspect gold-plated one is in the post :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Manchesteral, I already do that............but could do better! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Anyone any other tips for how to become Spanish? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Have breakfast in a café or bar early every morning and never eat dinner before 22.00. Ignore officialdom completely. Always stop when driving to greet friends going in the opposite direction, roll down the window and have a good chat. Never set foot in a church but have a dangly image of the Patrona of your Village hanging from the rear-view mirror in your car. Talk much more than you listen and use lots of bad language.

Well done on the exam result!

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:32 pm

ha ha ha . Congratulations, another hurdle gone. What next?

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Congrats, Unicorn. Sorry to take so long to notice, but YOU DIDN'T SHOUT THE POINT VERY LOUDLY. I think that's where you dropped your 15% :thumbup:

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:38 pm

Oh blimey, I forgot. To be truly Spanish I have to move heavy furniture, not by lifting it, but by scraping it across the floor, especially in the early hours of the morning.

Also and have my dog on my lap and be texting or speaking on the phone whilst driving, naturally.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:46 pm

You will of course now be perfectly equipped to give advice to expats like they are painting the outside of the house at the wrong time of the year.

Don't forget to switch the tv on the minute you get up for the day.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:37 pm

You must be out of touch Olive, Brits have been switching their Tv's on the min they get out of bed for many years.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Dont forget if you are gonna be spanish to never mention the civil war, be extremely frightened of Guardia Civil and Policia National/Local, accept that Gibraltar is spainsh and is a tax haven (ignoring the tax have the spanish use in Andorra and their colonies of cueta and manila, always have an uneducated opinion on everything usual what you pick up in a bar but when challenged for proof just say I dont know nothing.

Also completely accept that its ok that Mayors and politicians can be criminals as long as you personally are ok and you must teach your children to throw rubbish onto the street and extra points if they can lob it out of the window of a moving car.

Also go out and buy a car onto your mortgage so your €15000 Dacia after 25 years will end up costing you more than Porsche 911 and finally you must be completely ignorant on the principle of IVA ie VAT. as in a new product of say €100 will actually be €80 with €20 going to Madrid. then after 4 years you then have to sell if for the asking price of €80 and never understand why tax for private sellers is not paid and how your item was only worth €80 NEW.

welcome to the terrordome (i mean spain)

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:27 pm

This is fun! I asked OTH what the first thing a Spaniard would have to learn in order to become British, his answer was that's easy...they would have to learn to become arrogant... :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:13 am

You also have to learn to address a 'hello' to the entire room when you enter a shop or any other public place, and wish ¡buen provecho! to any table you walk past in a restaurant (or are the Spanish only nice in the north of Spain??).

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:21 pm

No this happens down here too. I think it's really nice when people enter the bank or post office and say hello to everyone.

Also the immediate question when entering a crowded shop or office is 'quien es el ultimo?'. I believe visitors often think that the Spanish don't queue but they do, it's just in an unorderly fashion, but everyone knows who's next and who's last in the queue. It's like the little local shops that are full of Spanish but they just seem to be there for a social meeting, and the shop keeper will usually peer over the crowds to serve me when I enter.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:15 am

Same in rural Ireland a new entrant to the premises will often utter "God bless all here" !!