Digital Certificate and Spanish Consulate

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
probe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Digital Certificate and Spanish Consulate

Postby probe » Wed May 15, 2019 8:31 am

I wanted to share my experience of obtaining a digital certificate. I need to submit some tax forms and was slightly daunted at the prospect of getting the digital certificate as my Spanish is limited and my only NIE documentation is an emailed PDF from 2007 in black and white. I realised from searching posts that I might be in for a bit of a challenge sorting this out in Malaga.

So, I emailed the Spanish Consulate in London and had a prompt response from them. They asked for my mobile number, called me and reassured me the process was simple and straightforward. I explained the state of my NIE document and they asked me to email it to them and responded immediately to say that this was fine. They sent links to the online form that I completed and promptly received my code. They provided me with the form in triplicate to fill out that is very simple and then an online appointment process for the consulate in Spain.

At the consulate you queue outside until its your time and the Guarda Civil man (very polite, perfect English) takes you through airport security to a check in desk. Directed to the correct department. I had a five minute wait before being called in. NIE document (and copy) along with passport (and copy) viewed and stamped. Stamped receipt provided. There was no cost for this and I was out of the Consulate in 10 minutes with all speaking in Spanish but able to switch to perfect English. I received the email 72 hours later and certificate now downloaded.

There were a number of ex pats there applying for all sorts of documentation.

So, I had a very positive experience and would certainly consider this route again rather than trying to struggle through the conventional route. This only worked for me as I am back in the UK a lot and my Spanish is maturing but not at a level to hold a high level official conversation.

Bongtrees2

Re: Digital Certificate and Spanish Consulate

Postby Bongtrees2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi, I cannot see the email address for the Spanish consulate in London, do you still have it as need to contact them. TIA

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:06 pm

I have not used this email address in a while and I think someone said it was the wrong one when I gave it before but unless anyone comes up with an alternative try:

[email protected]

If that fails you could try:

[email protected]

probe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby probe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:06 pm

This is the email that I communicated with them on:

[email protected]