Form 210 Not Working Properly ?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Daisycat1
Tourist

Re: Form 210 Not Working Properly ?

Postby Daisycat1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:53 am

Thanks. This is what happens when I enter his details -
YOUR REQUEST CANNOT BE ATTENDED THROUGH THIS SERVICE. PLEASE, GO TO THE DELEGATION OR ADMINISTRATION OF THE CORRESPONDING TAX AGENCY YOUR TAX ADDRESS

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:43 am

That definitely means that your husband is not registered with AEAT (slapped wrist for the lawyer). You will need to make an appointment and go to the tax office to register him.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 am

Hi Daisycat1,
While you're getting AEAT registration sorted, apply for a (both of you) Digital Signature.....see FAQ

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27571
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Daisycat1
Tourist

Postby Daisycat1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 am

Thank you both. We will have to go to cartegena. Went to san pedro office yesterday and they couldn't do anything there. It's very strange if our solicitor has registered me to pay tax, but not my husband.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:08 am

This often happens. At least one owner has to be registered in order to pay the taxes on purchase but it is not necessary to register both for this purpose. If this happens it is usually the other way around, the husband gets registered but the wife does not!

It may just be that there is a mix up with the name. This can happen if the name in which you are trying to pay the tax is slightly different to the name that AEAT has registered to that NIE number. That is why I suggested earlier on that you double check the name on the NIE certificate because sometimes the CNP messes things up.

Just imagine the hoo-ha that would be raised in the UK if the police and HMRC had the facility to cross-reference and change names on each other's databases which is what happens here.

Daisycat1
Tourist

Postby Daisycat1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Just to let you know we have both managed to pay our NRT. We went to the tax office in cartegena. They checked on the system to see if my husband was registered to pay tax. They said he was. We were sent to a different department where a lady completed the tax form for him. They were very helpful, but I am not sure how accurate her calculations are. She began by re-doing my tax form which I believe was correct. She was using the property value in her calculations as opposed to the valor catastral. I did point this out to her and she immediately completed a new form for me. This time she was charging me 100% as opposed to 50% so the form had to be completed once more. Then she completed the 210 for my husband but didn't change the name or NIE number! To cut a very long story short, I think she made at least 5 mistakes with my husbands form! We did get there in the end! I have a feeling we have overpaid though. I was sure we should pay 1.1 % but she insisted it was 2% in san javier. If we have overpaid are we likely to get a refund?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:08 am

You need to check when your valor catastral was last revised. If you have overpaid you will need to present an appeal challenging the figures. You will not be refunded automatically.

We do not seem to have found out why you were unable to complete your husband's form.

Daisycat1
Tourist

Postby Daisycat1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:48 pm

No, we don't know the reason why I was unable to complete his 210 form. They didn't give us one. They said he is registered to pay tax. He was born outside the UK. This could have something to do with it. I will have to visit the ayuntamiento to find out when the valor catastral was last revised.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am

Hi Daisycat1,

To check revisions use............

http://www.catastro.minhap.gob.es/esp/p ... ovaurb.asp

" He was born outside the UK"............should make no difference .......Mrs Enrique born outside UK and Form 210 submitted no problem.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Daisycat1
Tourist

Postby Daisycat1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Thanks for the link, Enrique. According to that website, it says 2006 for the valor. If this is the case, then we have paid the correct amount using 2%

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Have you tried completing and validating the form in your husband's name since your visit to the tax office? It would be interesting to see if it works now. You don't need to generate the PDF, not that it matters if you do but it would be worth saving the data by using the 'Export' facility to save you some work next year.