Real Estate-Can anyone tell me what 100,000 Euros would buy?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Anski
Tourist

Real Estate-Can anyone tell me what 100,000 Euros would buy?

Postby Anski » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:13 pm

Interested in moving back to Spain after several years absence. Wondering what 100,000 Euros would buy.
Ideally need 2 bedrooms for retired couple.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Realise you cannot promote real estate on this site so just wanting general information please.
Hoping to return to Spain one day soon.

soegaard
Tourist

Small town house

Postby soegaard » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:01 pm

That sort of money will buy you a small town house in Competa and Canillas. At that price you will have to do some rebuilding and decorating.

Jens-Kristian

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:33 pm

Does your budget of €100.000 include your legal fees and expenses? If so your real maximum purchasing price will be in the region of €90.000.

Alpujarra
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alpujarra » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:31 pm

It depends where you want to live. There are still plenty of properties available here in The Alpujarras for that figure, many are ready to move into with no renovation work needing to be done.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:09 pm

nothing on the coast unless you go to torrevieja

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:03 am

... and you certainly wouldn't want to go there!

Anski
Tourist

Really in Competa or Canillas?

Postby Anski » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:10 am

I am amazed at that as I have looked on the net but they all seem higher.
As for Torremillinos I agree never saw such a ghastly place apart from a visit to Blackpool where my shoes literally stuck to the carpet in a pub & the tourist souvenirs were so disgusting.
Thanks for the input.
Our budget would be able to cover the extras on top of the 100,000Euros

Anski
Tourist

Meant torrevieja as well

Postby Anski » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:14 am

Drove there from Calpe (Coasta Blanca) to look at a property that had been advertised privately on the net. The photos looked magnificent I am sure the apartment was but the landscape of identical boxes with no vegetation was dreadful. I urged my husband on through street after street hoping it would improve but we never got out of the car.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:44 am

Our experience of property on the net is that it is no guide at all. Nearly all the properties we had seen and then arranged to view were either no longer for sale or had never been on the market in the first place. They were just there as a hook to get us to make an appointment with the agents, who would then try to kidnap us for the day and take us to properties we had no interest in whatsoever. My wife had made a carefully planned itinerary only to find that, apart from one agent who was actually straightforward, all the others were completely irrelevant. After one day of being shown properties which bore no relation to our requirements, we got the picture and if the agents couldn't come up with what we had requested we just dumped them.
Grouser

fearfulfred
Resident

Postby fearfulfred » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:01 pm

HI
before buying or even looking we did all our searching on the net. Actually only saw three agents. The first one was given our budget and told of our prerequisites ( water , kitchen , bathroom in working order). He only showed us stuff within our budget and it all met our requirements. I am afraid the other two agents had a tendency to show us stuff that was really of no interest and always atthe extreme end of the budget. We actually bought ( and are very pleased ) the second property the first agent showed us. The after sales service has been invaluable also as he has helped us immensely with any problems we have had . So it is question of weeding the good from the bad.
Fred

Anski
Tourist

Postby Anski » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:07 pm

So Grouser did you buy a property?

Moving Soon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Moving Soon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:22 pm

I found it a nightmare looking for property through invididual Spanish estate agents with only very limited time available whilst on holiday trips to the area. They tended to only want to make an appointment for us to see one house on a given day, and if that wasn't suitable, which it invariably wasn't, or if it was over our budget which we had stated very definitely, we had to start again from square one.

I finally used a property finding service - emailed them from England with details of our budget and requirements and date for our visit, they arranged for us to see six houses in one day and another two the next, we saw 2 properties for a second viewing, decided on the one we wanted, then they put us in touch with a lawyer and the bank for our mortgage application. The whole thing including going to the notary to give the lawyer power of attorney and getting the provisional mortgage approval from the bank, subject to bank valuation of the property, was done within 4 days. The service didn't cost us a penny, the property finders made their money by splitting the commisisoin with the estate agent. All of the properties we were shown were within our budget and matched our minimum requirements.

I recommended them to several people and they helped a friend of ours to find a property too. Sadly I don't think they're in business any more as their website seems dormant, but if you see similar services advertised in the area you're looking in, it might be worth giving them a try.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:30 pm

Anski, Yes I did. A nice little village house. We found it ourselves and dealt direct with the owners saving a hefty whack of money on commissions, but throwing away another hefty chunk on a useless lawyer. Fortunately the people we bought from seem to be honourable enough and nothing to nasty, apart from carcoma, has crawled out of the woodwork. Not so far anyway and it's been a couple of years, but fingers are still crossed just in case.
Grouser

soegaard
Tourist

It's in "General"

Postby soegaard » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:50 pm

The same question was asked in two forums...

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: It's in "General"

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:14 pm

soegaard wrote:The same question was asked in two forums...
my apologies, so it is :) :oops: sorry :)

why is it posted in two forums tho?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.