latest rental yield information in Andalucia?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
mariaestella

latest rental yield information in Andalucia?

Postby mariaestella » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:52 am

I have to research on rental yields in the best places in Spain but find it will become less of a burden if i go to the forums and seek your help. This article:

Spain: Rental Yields

Returns from rentals are low. Rental yields in Madrid range between 3% and 4.8%. Properties in Barcelona have lower yields at around 2.7% to 3.6%. However, it is possible to get up to 8% in the suburbs surrounding Barcelona. Coastal properties can fetch up to 4% in rental returns.

Landlords are often better off keeping the unit unoccupied because the damage done by tenants is often higher than the rental income. In 2001, 14% of the total housing stock was vacant, bigger than the entire rental stock. Only 10% of all housing is in the rented sector in 2004, down from 20.8% in 1981.

TABLE can be seen here:
http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/coun ... d=eu&cat=3

has been very helpful, but I cannot be too sure about the figures just yet. Especially that the focus has been on Barcelona and Madrid. Can anyone help me check the accuracy of these data?

Your help will be very appreciated :)

mariaestella

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

Mariestrella, your quoted percentages (3%-4%, 2.7%, 8%) are percentages of what? the capital investment, can you be clearer?
Ah! the full english!!

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:57 am

I imagine it is "Capital Employed".

It would appear from the figures stated, with the exception of Barcelona, it is a "buyers" market.

anyroads