Moving to Spain

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
kelly26
Tourist

Postby kelly26 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:28 pm

i haven't been a member for long

but i fell that this posting is going mush further than it needed to.
i myself did use euromovers to bring over my belongings and was more than happy with the service that they gave me. and what was more it was at a price we could afford so it saved us doing the 2trips ourselves.

I fell that if people wish to recommend someone that they have used and our please with the service they have received why shouldn't they.

i also fell that this has got out of hand over big col but can anyone see a post from big col advertising a full or part load removal available. no and as for saying that he is no better than the Liverpool Manchester people selling knocked off goods in pubs. for one big col is from southern England and i think that you are stereo typing and i also fell that you should get all the facts before putting comments like relating to he's business in print.
i think that what big col is doing is helping like minded people carry out there dream and so what if he is doing it for a cost not a profit it means that people like myself were able to get over to Spain cheaper and quicker than originally planed.

i hope that the person that made the original post doesn't think that we are all petty minded and finds the relevant postings giving them help and advise both good and bad helpful to them.
[/quote]

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:36 pm

katy wrote:Well, well :roll: I have made a comment previously on this guy advertising as I often do about anyone using the forum for personal advertising. The reason being is how can people seeking advice know if its genuine if there is a hidden gain?

Not sure why I should have been singled out here, or is it perhaps that Troglofay said in a previous post "Big Col is a mate of mine" or maybe its just to bump up the post. I notice Beachcomber gave the same sensible advice a couple of days ago and it went without comment from the fan club. :?
ImageI like you Image
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Why does every request for information have to turn into a slagging match.Keep it up keeps the boredam at bay :lol: :lol: :lol:
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:43 pm

kelly26 wrote: and as for saying that he is no better than the Liverpool Manchester people selling knocked off goods in pubs.
For goodness sake! Can nobody read? I said IF.........and how long has Slough been in the North?
There is an expression about keeping quiet so that people are not sure if you are thick, rather than opening your mouth (or pressing keys) and removing all doubt!
This man may be a wonderful fellow, but I cannot see why anyone should drive backwards and forwards with all the costs that incurs, for effectively nothing. If he makes a profit, fair enough, and he should then follow the rules about commercial enterprises on this site. If he truly does it because he is an all-year-round Santa Claus, and is fully legal, and is not using it as a cover for some dubious bit of import-export, then he should be nominated for the Mother Teresa award for public good. For myself, I don't believe in god(s), and certainly not in the tooth fairy or Santa. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

kelly26
Tourist

Postby kelly26 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:53 pm

i was simply stating that why cant people just give other like minded people advise with out it turning in to a slagging match.

and unless you have used or know of the service i don't see why the knives have to come out.

have you thought that this is big cols way of keeping busy and helping people out at the same time.

not all of us have retired and have to continue working doing something.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Off topic...sorry
Can nobody read?

Now before someone jumps down my post... out of interest... and for the sake of my English... I would like to know if the above is correct grammer... cos it doesn´t sound right to me... but that does not mean I am saying that it is not..OK :)
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:57 pm

If you read the thread carefully from the beginning you will see the knives came out because Col's "customers" got them out. Will excuse you though as its only your second post :wink:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:00 pm

silver wrote: I would like to know if the above is correct grammer...
No such thing old boy - there is, however, something called grammar...
:wink:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:03 pm

Katy wrote Will excuse you though as its only your second post

No need to be excused as she has an opinion just like everyone else :twisted: :twisted:
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

kelly26
Tourist

Postby kelly26 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:05 pm

thanks
but i thought the whole point to the forum was so that expats living here or arranging the move could get help and advise.

if people want to recommend someone they have used and had good service why not i understand that people are involving and mentioning other forum members and that really is play ground tactics to big up the topic but is it really helping the persons that would appreciate the help hence their post.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:07 pm

Swerve you obviously understand emoticons, did you not see my winking one :?:

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:31 pm

something called grammar
peteroldracer...as you see..I need your help :) well is it correct grammar then?
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:57 pm

Spanish Hopes
I did not abuse Katy, there would have been no doubt left if I had. I simply agreed with other posters regarding the services of Big Col, and as Katy has, on two previous occasions, felt it necessary to have a go at me about it, I felt justified in saying what I did.

Katy
Fan Club :roll: really not necessary. I call friends.....friends

Petroldancer
You are entitled to your opinion, and as far as I am aware I believe that Big Col does not actively advertise on this site, paid or otherwise, however if others wish to put his name forward as a personal recommendation then I cannot see where the harm is, and certainly do not think that it is fair if people cast aspersions about his legality or credibility.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:37 pm

Troglodyfae wrote
..as far as I am aware I believe that Big Col does not actively advertise on this site, paid or otherwise..
Sorry, I´m being mischievous but not so as the following post shows,
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:30 pm Post subject: EMPTY VAN GOING BACK TO THE UK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ON THE 20TH OF THIS MONTH TUES WE HAVE A EMPTY VAN GOING BACK TO THE UK FROM SOUTHERN SPAIN THE VAN IS GOING UP TO LIVERPOOL. SO ANYONE THAT HAS CONTENTS OR A HOUSE MOVE UP TO 20 CUBIC METRES PLEASE PM ME OR REPLY TO POSTING. £300(FERRY CROSSING) FOR LORRY LOAD TO THE UK.

ALL THE BEST

BIG COL

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:48 pm

There's a problem with this debate and I can see where both sides are coming from.

I hate advertising by "stealth" on this or any other lifestyle forum, I think it goes against the grain..............but,

From what I've read and heard about this chap, I hope that if and when we make our move he posts with the same offer............I'll snatch his arm off. He seems to have many unconnected people who have been more than pleased with his efforts.

His first post I read of his stated he was doing a removal and was returning with an empty truck, for a nominal fee to cover costs he'd bring someone elses gear back...........seems logical to me and I'd do the same.

Please feel free to flame me if I've misread this situation

I'd like to see him post on this thread to clear the air and end the banter.

Kenny

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:58 pm

kelly26 wrote:thanks
but i thought the whole point to the forum was so that expats living here or arranging the move could get help and advise.

if people want to recommend someone they have used and had good service why not i understand that people are involving and mentioning other forum members and that really is play ground tactics to big up the topic but is it really helping the persons that would appreciate the help hence their post.
The point I was making kelly was that at least TWO members singled out katy for stick, in THIS thread even though she had not at that time contributed to the thread. This is more than someone sticking up for a super helpful guy, it is witch hunting by the pack.

kelly26
Tourist

Postby kelly26 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:23 pm

it was one person and has since posted again.
but other people seem to jump on the bandwagon and continued with the slagging of forum members.

i wonder if the original poster has sourced a removal company or changed her mind about the move.

i feel that everyone has the right to air their opinions but as pointed out the last post found posted by big col was in June of 2006. so come on can you class that as advertising and is this what it is all about.
and as for witch hunting, its people trying to recommend removal companies which is what the original poster asked for. it must just prove that he is doing what he said or why would so many people from this forum have used him or recommended him.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:23 pm

I think I responded to the advertisement quoted by Masterob by advising people to check that the contents are insured (or something similar) and if everything is in order and legitimate I don't understand why the antagonism. But I really don't care, most members are sassy enough to make up their own minds, quite a few different opinions and after all .....
Its only a forum :roll:

Kenny have you got a new coat on? the diplomatic one :)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:36 pm

kelly26 wrote:i haven't been a member for long

but i fell that this posting is going mush further than it needed to.
i myself did use euromovers to bring over my belongings and was more than happy with the service that they gave me. and what was more it was at a price we could afford so it saved us doing the 2trips ourselves.

I fell that if people wish to recommend someone that they have used and our please with the service they have received why shouldn't they.

i also fell that this has got out of hand over big col but can anyone see a post from big col advertising a full or part load removal available. no and as for saying that he is no better than the Liverpool Manchester people selling knocked off goods in pubs. for one big col is from southern England and i think that you are stereo typing and i also fell that you should get all the facts before putting comments like relating to he's business in print.
i think that what big col is doing is helping like minded people carry out there dream and so what if he is doing it for a cost not a profit it means that people like myself were able to get over to Spain cheaper and quicker than originally planed.

i hope that the person that made the original post doesn't think that we are all petty minded and finds the relevant postings giving them help and advise both good and bad helpful to them.
[/quote]

Kelly, I am a bit confused by your post, I thought you were sitting on the fence, you said you used Euromovers to move out but then "because of what Big Col is doing people like myself were able to get over cheaper" I assumed you hadn't used him when I first read your post...so is Euromovers Big Col or what? Sorry for being a bit thick :roll:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:37 pm

:lol: Just trying to chill out before we fly over there for a while next week 8)