moto help!

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

moto help!

Postby princess peach » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:21 pm

i will Cut this as short as possible.

Purchased a brand new moto-1,300 euros.7 weeks ago,took it back once as the fuel gage wasnt working..last week it conked out on me(no sniggers about weight please :lol: )in the roughest area possible.
Struggled pushing it back to garage,they had it one day,and said its a bad electrical fault..so its been picked up on lorry and took to malaga to be fixed.In the meantime,
Im left stranded with no transport to get my son to school everyday.there is a limited bus service,but he will be late for school.
they havnt told me how long repair will take, so im just left waiting

I paid for a new bike so this wouldnt happen...only did 900 kms on it..hasnt even reached its 1000kms service and the speed restriction hasnt been lifted yet...

What rights do i have with regards to the garage supplying me with temporary replacement bike??
Do i have to accept the heap of a bike i have purchased from the shop back after repair...i have lost all faith in it!
Im at my wits end..someone please help : :cry: :cry:

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:54 pm

Peachy, what make is it?
For €1300 its probably Chinese (so don't lick the paintwork :lol: )
The terms of almost all warranties put the onus on the purchaser to return the goods to the place of purchase for repair and the repair must be carried out in a satisfactory time span. However what is satisfactory to you may differ as to what is satisfactory to the supplier.
Standard warranties do not cover the use of a 'loaner' bike, however you could still ask the shop to lend you one until they get your own one fixed. You could also just ask them to rent you one at a nominal rental fee to help you.
I don't follow what you mean about having the restriction lifted - do you mean the 'running in period' and keeping it below a certain speed for the first 1000 kms?

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:04 pm

colinm-its a peugeot-but i have found out that it is actually made by jinan qingqi(thats what it says on my docs)so you were right about chinese make.If id have known i wouldnt have bought it. :cry:

I don't follow what you mean about having the restriction lifted - do you mean the 'running in period' and keeping it below a certain speed for the first 1000 kms?
Yes,its restricted to 50 -until i do/did-1000kms.
which it never even got to.
I will go back into the shop and ask if they have a bike which i could rent.
what a nightmare. :cry: