unicaja login - urgent !

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

unicaja login - urgent !

Postby chrissiehope » Fri May 02, 2014 2:37 pm

I've just set up Univia, and am supposed to use my NIE no as Usario. How do you enter this - with or without hyphens; X at the beginning or W at the end ? I can't phone the helpline as I've no credit on my phone, and need to get into Univia to top it up !
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: unicaja login - urgent !

Postby Enrique » Fri May 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi chrissiehope,
Another Spanish Group using NIE...without the -, but use the full ID........... X123456Y

El acceso a UniVía, se efectúa mediante un código de usuario y una clave de acceso que son suministradas en el momento de firmar el correspondiente contrato de Servicios a Distancia.

They even do it in English..........

"Access to UniVía is done through a user code and password that are instantly provided when the relevant Remote Services contract is signed."

from your Bank site, sounds like you should have login ID code.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri May 02, 2014 3:42 pm

Thanks Enrique - I got the code from the bank, so that should be OK. I tried it first with usario /NIE with hyphens, and I thought I'd tried it without - I'll try again, and hopefully this time it will work, otherwise it looks like yet another trip to Antequera tomorrow to top up, and another on Monday to the bank - all of which I could do without as I'm still sorting & packing for shipping, and he's coming on Sunday..... :problem: :problem:

edit: just tried again, and still no luck - I wonder if I should try my passport, as that was what we used in the past (well, hubby's)....

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri May 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi chrissiehope,
With all your attempts you may have locked the account......... :(

In your post you say .."I've just set up Univia"...so you should have recent ID & Password

Normally come on those peel strips.....the ones you memorise and then eat........ :shock: or so they tell me.......... :lol:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri May 02, 2014 4:32 pm

As Enrique says, enter your NIE with no dashes or spaces. You must use the onscreen keypad to enter your password. Even if the password is there from a previous visit you must delete it using the red X and enter it again otherwise it will not work.

You should also have been given a coordinates card in order to make transactions. The coordinates for any given transaction will be send by text to the mobile number you will have given them. You do not need to do this when just checking the account.
Let's go Brandon!

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebbnflow » Fri May 02, 2014 7:28 pm

I was under the impression that the coordinates card was defunct, for straight on line purchases at least, as I have for some while only received a texted security code to my nominated mobile number.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri May 02, 2014 7:33 pm

I don't carry out many transactions on this account but the last time I received a text message giving me the coordinates to check against the card. For example it would give me D3 and I had to enter the appropriate three figure number.

I shall have to check with the bank to see if I can ditch the coordinates card and just receive the code by text.
Let's go Brandon!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri May 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Tried to post this earlier but got a strange message saying I was blocked & to visit a website nwith the name www.spamhaus something !

Anyway here is what I wanted to say:

Sorry, I should probably have said this at the beginning - I had a joint account with my husband & we had online banking which was fine - it used hubby's passport no, & a password we set ourselves. This ran for several years, and then, just before my husband died in February, I managed to get his name removed from the account. So I could still use the passport etc to log in, but then it showed nothing as he wasn't an account holder any more. I applied for Univia online, and got a message saying go to your branch & pick up the codes. I did this on Monday, and asked if my NIE no, was the usario & was told yes. I was given a password on a 'screened' form, and that is what I have tried to use.

As we have had the account for about six or seven years, I have a matrix card (the account number hasn't changed - it's just that it's a sole account rather than a joint one) and I've had the text routine a few times - usually resulting in my rushing to plug the 'dead' phone into a charger... :)

As you say Enrique, I suspect I have now blocked the access...... :thumbdown: - oh well, looks like it's more trips... :roll:

and yes, for some online tranactions, you still need the matrix card :)

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon May 05, 2014 11:01 pm

Just a quick update - went into the bank this morning, and at first I was told 'yes, use your NIE', but when I explained I couldn't log in with it, she delved further into the system, and eventually produced a screen shot, showing 'usario' as a number that initially meant nothing to me :?

Anyway, just to be sure, we did a practice log in, and it worked OK so I was a happy bunny. On the way home it suddenly dawned on me what this strange usario number was - the number of the old passport I had when the account was first opened 8 years ago..... :roll:

So I got home & logged in so I could top up my mobile, only to be told that as they don't have my mobile number on their records I can't complete the transaction....... :evil:

Hey ho - yet another trip to the bank :thumbdown: - I would email them but my PAYG connection expires tonight !