Cl@ve government portal - any discussions or experience?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Cl@ve government portal - any discussions or experience?

Postby alpineSi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi, I've been poking around online and am curious about the Cl@ve online government portal.

I'm sure some of you use this and have talked about it here but unfortunately the use of the "@" is stopping the search engine working! Can anyone point me to a discussion please?

Here's the only good explanation I've found in English, but I'm interested in your experiences: https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/e ... c-services
Last edited by alpineSi on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cl@ve government portal - any threads? Search won't work

Postby gerryh » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:53 pm

What search engine are you using?
It works OK for me using Google.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi Gerry, I mean the forum search here on andalucia.com.
If I type "clave" I get messages about when people have seen that in error messages (mostly looks like online banking) and if I enter "cl@ve" I get nothing but an error that the search is too short (presumably the special @ character breaks the search script).

Google does of course have lots of links to the service, but I just wondered if people recall any discussions on this site about it (I've not found those via Google).

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:02 pm

To my knowledge, it has never been discussed, if fact I doubt that anyone has heard about it.

A number of members have digital certificates and as I understand it, cl@ve will eventually replace them and a number of other options such as Pin24.

Sid

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:22 pm

Oh right! Well, it sounds like a good idea, just have to see what they make of it! The French have tried something similar but the link to the health service part has been broken for over two years, and it's easier to download forms elsewhere so I only ever use it for tax.

Here's a snippet from the earlier link about this Spanish portal:
The Spanish public sector started to suffer from a proliferation of different ways of identifying individuals who needed access to online services. Furthermore, most of these identification methods were restricted to be used only for accessing the services of the public body that issued the identification means. This forced users to install different codes and applications, and to memorise the different ways of accessing the services.
Cl@ve aims to solve this problem by unifying existing online identification methods into a single solution deployed throughout the Spanish e-Administration for national, regional and local online services.
Already participating are:
  • Treasury of the Social Security for common queries and proceedings included in "Tu Seguridad Social" ("Your Social Security").
    National Institute of Social Security for services included in the "Tu Seguridad Social" ("Your Social Security") portal.
    State Tax Administration Agency for all proceedings allowed with the previous PIN24H system.
    Traffic Department where it can be used to query the points on users’ driving licenses and check their driving records.
    Ministerio del Interior (Home Office) to query "Estado de Mis Solicitudes" ("State of My Petitions") and "Mis Tramitaciones" ("My Procedures").

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cl@ve government portal - any discussions or experience?

Postby Miro » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:24 pm

I've just been having a look at this Cl@ve thingy too. I'm at the Seg Sec. office in Malaga this week for something else, so thought I might see if I can request the codes necessary to register myself & 't'other 'arf.
First problem I can see with that is that the system requires a mobile phone number, and will apparently only accept one NIE/DNI per mobile number (seems reasonably logical and fair to me, but it's a problem because we share one mobile!) Second issue (rather than problem, per se) for me is that you have to give a bank account number to register. Why? Is there a charge for accessing this service? I imagine they will say it's just an additional way of identifying you, and of course, they already know the inside leg measurement of my bank manager's third cousin's brother-in-law...but I have a real phobia about giving out account numbers willy-nilly, especially over the internet.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.