foam

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
madass
Andalucia.com Amigo

foam

Postby madass » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:46 pm

Hi can anyone help. I am wanting to make a headboard for my bed and need some foam?????? Can anyone tell me where I would find a shop that sells this in the Malaga and surrounding area's. Thanks Lynne

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:07 pm

I managed to buy some foam to make cushions to sit on for my wicker chairs and sofa. The shop in Rincon was a small meubles shop that sells bits of furniture, lights, garden furniture etc. I gave them the measurements and a template for the curve etc. and they took my order and the foam was there in a few days ready cut. The price was also cheaper than I had thought it might be. As it was for cushions to sit on it was quite thick but they seemed to be able to get various thicknesses. Maybe you could try a similar shop. The one we used was Meubles Pardoe on the main coast road in Rincon de la Victoria.

madass
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby madass » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:15 pm

thank's campo babe I will try that. We are both fed up leaning our heads on freezing cold wall's to read. :oops:

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:18 pm

:? We had this problem , we sorted it in an excellent alternative way.. buy a bolster (spanish Style) remove the stuffing and use that..it is excellent, resillient and stays put on a plywood backing board cause of the fibres!

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:43 am

You can buy foam at Oportunidades Malaga... a big corner shop next to Huelin fruit/fish market ...
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:31 pm

So if I read this right you need some foam for your headboard..... Image
madass wrote:thank's campo babe I will try that. We are both fed up leaning our heads on freezing cold wall's to read. :oops:
OH! Sorry, you need it to keep your head warm, I misunderstood... Image Try a good old fashioned pillow unless you need it for............... Image
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:47 pm

An alternative idea is what I did on my superking bed as it was difficult finding a suitable bedhead for that size and this way was much cheaper. I bought a curtain pole which extended past the width of the bed (6ft). I bought two extra pillow cases to match the duvet set and put a pillow inside each one. Attach a couple of strips of velcro at the top back of the pillow case long enough to wrap over the pole and attach to the other end. For a spare bed I did something similar but using a different colour pole to match the bedding and stuffed the pillow cases with a piece of foam that filled the pillow case tightly. It's easy to take the covers off to wash them instead of leaving marks on a padded bedhead. They look very effective I think.
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

toddcl
Resident

Postby toddcl » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:52 pm

Shukran

Sound really good.

Ever thought of getting a job on 'Changing Rooms' or 'Blue Peter'.
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the collective

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks Todd - I just love getting my house right for us and am fortunate in being able to see what things could look like. Just wish I had the artistic flare of some designers. Perhaps in my next life I'd like to take it further.

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:19 pm

Shukran

I really like your idea as well.

Any chance of having a picture posted??

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:05 pm

I wish I could Bunty but unfortunately all my furniture is still in store (only 16 months so far) and we're still living in rented accommodation. One thing I didn't mention is that it looks far nicer if the pillow cases have a frill around them - it's easier to hide the velcro then.

madass
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby madass » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:09 pm

Thanks everybody you had some really good ideas. The problem is now solved we went to the boot fair in Arroyo today and found 2 lovely padded headbords for 20€ I think we got a bargin cos they look very well made and expensive. and in good clean condition. Once again Andalucia.com came to the rescue and won. Many thanks again to you all.