Favorite poster

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:44 pm

Those little swizzle like purple hearts always made the school milk taste better :shock:
The other thing that has changed is chippy's. Whenever I went in to one after some b***** had had the last portion they always used to say "the chips will be 10 minutes"..now they shovel a few "warm ups" into a net and dip them for 20 seconds............'orrible :cry:

Also fishcakes.....they used to be big fat reddy coloured fish filled items with bits of herb protruding from the thick batter............now they are bread crumbed little turd-like things straight from the freezer :evil:

Also the sense of humour is now lacking in these new fangled Chinese take-aways. I used to be able to say when asked for my order "throw a shark in and make it snappy"....I repeated this flipping funny saying at our local chippy the other night and Wongy told me to *beep* off :shock:

Bring back the old days. :wink:

Kenny

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 pm

Smarties! The colours have faded!! There are no blue ones now. :(

Pineapple and cola cubes...yum! And those bits of chocolate covered 'bits' that you could get. Can't remember the name of them.

I loved Dandelion and burdock though...always had a bottle for our midnight feasts in the girl guides! Felt sick as a pig afterwards! Now at Cub camp we have red wine and lager ( the leaders that is!!!)!

The best has got to be open fire toasted marshmallows sandwiched between two choc digestives! Had em at camp as a kid and still do as a leader!! YUMMY! :D
Donna

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:25 pm

Anyway can anyone eat a box of Maltesers in one go
My missus could eat a box in one gobful, but only if she took the whole watermelon out first. :lol: :lol:

She actually has a framed collection of failed diets.
I tried to stop her from having it as though I know about collecting, I have never been depressed enough to start one myself. I think it is a nerdy thing to do especially some of the so called historical tat that people pick up and hang on to.
The collectors I knew at school were always the ones without friends.

Except for 'Donkey' Brown who had a collection of Health and Efficiency magazines, he had loads of friends. :lol:

Megan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Megan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:41 pm

This thread is great - Kenny - parma violets :?: Loved them, even if they did taste like granny's perfume :lol:

And as for what use to go down well in the Chinese take-aways, that reminds me of the old joke about Chinese, Wheelie Bins and Holidays - can't remember how it goes and I'm rubbish at telling jokes anyway, laughing as I type though :lol: :lol:
Meg - Sunny by nature

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:47 pm

Love Hearts,...Orangina, ......Space Dust.
Jenny

Megan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Megan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Space dust was amazing - we use to buy 3 packets and put the whole lot in our mouths in one go - nearly blew your head off! :lol: Think that was the reason why they eventually withdrew it :cry: :cry: :lol:
Meg - Sunny by nature

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:57 pm

No, you can still buy it! My kids love it!
Donna

Megan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Megan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:58 pm

Donna - where :?: Have just got to repeat that experience :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meg - Sunny by nature

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:05 pm

Woolies, pound shops, corner shops everywhere! Loads of places! Don't know if it still called space dust but it certainly tastes the same!
Donna

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:07 pm

Ruby Lips

Those little multi coloured puffed rice things so full of e numbers.

The little strong hard liquorice sticks you could only buy at the chemist.

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:09 pm

Anglo bubble gum

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:11 pm

spanish hopes wrote: Those little multi coloured puffed rice things so full of e numbers.
Rainbow drops! MMMM i'd forgotten about them! I still love them now...my kids buy them for me every now and again!
Donna

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:13 pm

Donna and Paul wrote:
spanish hopes wrote: Those little multi coloured puffed rice things so full of e numbers.
Rainbow drops! MMMM i'd forgotten about them! I still love them now...my kids buy them for me every now and again!
That's the ones. :lol:

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:14 pm

I think this thread should be re-named...Favourite childhood sweeties!!
Donna

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:14 pm

Its a miracle any of us are around to post remembering all the junk we used to eat. Kids now aren't allowed anything unless its been analysed and disected first

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:17 pm

True, although we do let our children buy 'penny sweets' from the local kiosk on a Friday evening! Only if they've done their homework, mind!
Donna

Megan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Megan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:17 pm

Thanks, Donna - going to keep my eyes open and look out for it next time I'm in Woolies etc - I can't wait!!

Raindrow drops - brilliant - we use to have them with milk sometimes for breakfast as a treat! What were our parents thinking :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meg - Sunny by nature

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:20 pm

Megan wrote: Raindrow drops - brilliant - we use to have them with milk sometimes for breakfast as a treat! What were our parents thinking :lol: :lol: :lol:
God! Don't tell my kids THAT! They are MY treat at the mo! Rainbow drops for breakfast!! What ever next? :lol: :lol: :roll:
Donna

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:34 pm

My favorites had to be cola cubes, bulls-eyes and Kaylai (spelling ?) eaten with one very pink finger or those paddle shaped rock hard licorice sticks. Oh and Dracula ice lollies which had a brief revival under the Frigo brand a few years back.

Worst things were those chewy sticks that looked like a twig and imps, YUK.

A few miles down the road from me is a converted mill type place and THE busiest little shop is the olde worlde sweet shop, always a constant stream of middle age peeps reliving their youth :lol:

Megan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Megan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:37 pm

How about flying saucers - never liked those because of the way they stuck to the roof of your mouth. Well they did when you laid them on your tongue and pressed upwards. Tried it once with as many flying saucers as we could fit in a pile on our tongues - that was interesting :roll: :lol: :lol:
Meg - Sunny by nature