Roller Shutters repairs and spares

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
burrotaxi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Roller Shutters repairs and spares

Postby burrotaxi » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:14 pm

We have a roller shutters on all the windows of our house (modern townhouse), these are hauled up and down by a spring loaded tape. As those who read my "Relatives" post two of these have been released at great speed resulting in the bottom slats breaking. Unfortunately there's not enough slack in the system to rethread the remaining slats so I need to find some replacement slats and cut them to size and fit. Here's the question; does anyone know where I can buy replacement slats?
ps I'm up in Mijas btw
BurroTaxi

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:17 pm

These are normally repaired by those who make them...aluminium... window makers shop (cristaleria)...wooden where they sell awnings (toldos)..dont know if they will sell the pieces though.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

sassy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sassy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:54 pm

Yes, you need to go to Cristaleria Nueva Andulacia, they are on the Mijas road next to the Esso petrol station, close by to Lidl. They are experienced with this kind of work, close by to you and are extremely helpful (IMHO).

Sassy

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi

What I did was to remove the blind in total, then put the broken slats near the bottom, (so no weight) and therefore moving all the other slats up. It was a simple job, the worst thing was threading it back in.

Dave

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:32 am

I've got a fab guy who does many repairs for me, based in Benalmadena but covers a lot of the coast.
He is so cheap I asked him how he can make a profit! - He is honest & quick & hasnt ever failed to get any blinds fixed.

If you want his details, PM me, I don't want to be told off for advertising.

Annelise

Re:

Postby Annelise » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:21 am

Hi. I would love to get your recommendation. I am new here and are not sure how to pm you. Can you pm me?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Roller Shutters repairs and spares

Postby gerryh » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:48 pm

poshtotti hasn't been active on this forum since Feb 12 2009 so I very much doubt if you get a PM .
To send someone a PM click on the box next to "contact" on the right hand side of their last post.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Annelise

Re: Roller Shutters repairs and spares

Postby Annelise » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm

Thanks Gerry. 2009 lol :)