Dog covered in Glue!

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Mixter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mixter » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:18 pm

Ive found a dab of 4-star (unleaded optional) usualy shifts anything.

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:56 pm

Mixter wrote:Ive found a dab of 4-star (unleaded optional) usualy shifts anything.
Is that with or without a match? :lol:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:02 pm

I got all excited when I saw Spanish Hopes' pic. I thought it was that fit bird out of Bananarama topless at first when I saw the haircut :shock:
Upon closer scrutiny I was proven wrong........bummer :cry:

Sadie
Resident

Postby Sadie » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:08 pm

When similar happened to my cat and after speaking to vet and adviced not to shave or use any chemical removers only way I got it all out was wetting area and soaking it in hair conditioner and baby oil and brushing it gently out took a few days of doing this but it worked.
Good Luck

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:26 pm

Our Tom cat sat on one of those sticky pad mouse catching things a neighbour had placed in his garden to catch a rogue rodent.
It came back home for it's jellymeat whiskas and it looked like it had an Ikea flatpack strapped across its little fat @rse, how me a Mrs. CK laughed. Seeing it chasing the blackbird the next morning was hilarious as the blackbird hopped through the wrought iron gate bars, old Tom cat came to a dead stop when his handicap got wedged in full flight :shock:

The laughing stopped when we saw the poor creature thrutching on his lit tray wondering what the problem was,

Mrs. ran to his aid and with a bit of a struggle chopped the offending sticky card in 2 with her pinking shears.

The cat now has very sharp teeth at either end and tonight came home with a vole in its mouth and a small guinee pig clasped between its cheeks :shock:
Kenny

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:02 am

CK - I do wonder at times if your surname is Dodd....... :D :D :D
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:47 am

Oh Kenny it's the way you tell 'em. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant.

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:54 pm

Mixter wrote:Ive found a dab of 4-star (unleaded optional) usualy shifts anything.
Mixter, that happened to me, I had a small dish of petrol on the floor cleaning my watch, when my much loved cat took a great big drink of it.

Well it went crackers running around over the room over the top of the settee, up the walls and finally up the curtains then dropped down with a huge crash on to floor, I was horrified and rushed over to it.

I thought its dead. :roll: :roll:

But it had just ran out of petrol. :oops: :oops:

Who said the old ones are the best. :shock:
Jenny

Mixter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mixter » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Seriously, im not advocating bathing cats and dogs in petrol (have you SEEN the price of fuel in the UK! :? )....but if ever ive hard tar marks or paint on something - even my hands, ive always used a dab of petrol on a rag, to shift it.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:17 pm

Heston, how is your poor dog now? She sounds like a right handful, I have a child like that!!! :shock:

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:20 pm

dido72 wrote:Heston, how is your poor dog now? She sounds like a right handful, I have a child like that!!! :shock:
What? Covered in glue? Careless mother I say, very careless. :lol: :lol:

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:23 pm

He has been covered in much worse than that!! :shock: :wink:

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:24 pm

:lol: :lol:

Heston
Resident

dog covered in glue

Postby Heston » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:38 am

Have tried all of the above so far to no avail...going to try the talcum poweder, baby oil then as a last resort the petrol..Dido thanks for yout concern shes actually sprained her leg at the mo chasing a wasp up an olive tree...the joys of being a dog owner...glad to say though that vetinary prices are so much cheaper here than in the UK..its a good job though!

Heston
Resident

dog covered in glue

Postby Heston » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:41 am

Well I have tried all of the above so far but to no avail but will try the talc, baby oil then petrol as a last resort.
Dido thanks for the concern she has actually now sprained her leg chasing a butterfly up an olive tree!I despair!!!!good job the vets are cheap here!

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:43 am

Having recently lost our last old cat to cancer, we had decided 'never again' to have any form of pet when we move over there as the pain of losing them gets harder as you get older.
Reading the description of this pups antics tempts us, but I'm sure we will resist the joys of owning again as they are no longer outweighing the pain of losing. :cry:

Heston
Resident

dog covered in glue

Postby Heston » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:55 am

Spanish hopes...I was in a similar postion I had a labradour for over 12years ( he was a rescue dog and was 17 when i lost him) I was devestated and said I would never have one again. My husband talked me into going to a local rescue centre and i fell in love with my old boy and he has given us so much over the past 9 years but I think soon we will be in the heartbreaking situation...I suppose I have gotten the puppy 10months ago to soften the blow and not go through the "empty House feeling again"...unless you have had an animal and lost it you dont understand...I had to have a few days off work last time! I am sorry about your cat my friend was in a similar postion and said no way can she go through it again and hasnt she just offers a dog sitting service now instead.....best of both worlds I suppose enjoys the dogs but the emotional attachment is a little bit less.

scoobydoo1
Tourist

Postby scoobydoo1 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:15 pm

I know you said
You couldn't stand the heartache and the pain.
I know you said
No other dog could take your best friend's place,
You said it so sincerely,
With such sadness in your face.

Please think again my dog loving friend,
Sadly you had to part.
But he still walks beside you
In your mind and in your heart.
I know that you'd feel that you let him down,
If you found another friend
For you had cried your heart out,
When your hero faced the end.

I know if he could speak to you,
He'd tell you what to do.
He'd say 'somewhere a lonely dog
Needs someone good like you'.
I know that he would mention
That he loved you all his days
And he'd thank you for just being you,
With your dog loving ways.

And I know that he would tell you
Not to carry on alone,
To accept the fact that he is gone,
And give another dog a home.
He'd tell you that he'd watch over you
And guide you as you go
And your life will be filled with sunshine again,
You'll walk in a wonderful glow.
He'd tell you he was happy still,
That his living was not in vain,
Then he'd go off and wait at Heaven's Gate,
Until you meet again.

Heston
Resident

Dogs in covered in glue

Postby Heston » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:39 pm

Scoobydo!!

You have just made me cry!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:45 pm

I said I wouldn't have another pet (many times) but I love having dogs and cats around. Saw one at the PADS do yesterday that looked very old and pulled at my heartsrings :( I have a cat who is 15 and only seems the same age as my other 2 who are about 7. One of my dogs is 10, she is still full of energy but sometimes has a short breathing difficulty for a minute or so, the vet has put her on heart tablets. My newest dog is 3. We started to go to Florida every winter for 6 months and taking the 1 dog and 2 cats (then) was a nightmare, so..we stopped going, down to 3 or 4 weeks now and get a housesitter, so they are very tying.

Many years ago I had stopped smoking for 7 years and having to take a cat to the vet who had cancer of the tongue, well I just started again.