T shirts in swimming pools

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
jan400
Andalucia.com Amigo

T shirts in swimming pools

Postby jan400 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:56 am

Can anyone tell me whether the wearing of T shirts in a swimming pool can have any adverse effect on it?

Is a rule saying No T shirts really necessary with all the concerns about skin cancer?

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:36 am

I don't see how a light coloured shirt can have an adverse effect. The only reason I could think of is that some darker colours could leak dye.
As far as the pool is concerned someone in a shirt is possibly wearing less suncream and that's got to be good!

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:29 pm

I think it's probably a safety precaution. I can remember reading somewhere, possibly on here last year, about a girl getting her hair caught in the filter and nearly drowning.

toddcl
Resident

Postby toddcl » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:54 pm

A 'T SHIRT' would increase drag and impede the ability to swim thus reduce the safety factor, so anyone who has the responsibility of the liability for a pool would not allow swimmers to wear T shirts.

Lifeguards practice swimming with clothes on to simulate rescues but they will tell you that the clothing makes it very difficult.

Get you shoulders under the water and stop worrying about your hair do.
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the collective

concreteman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby concreteman » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:27 pm

Is the T shirt is being worn to e.g. protect a child from the sun because I read somewhere that some T shirts can be thin enough to not block out all the harmful rays. Gives you a false sense of security but young kids with sensitive skin can still get burnt on very hot days. Some T shirts may go very thin in the water.
If the Egyptians had invented concrete the pyramids would be square...........

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

t shirts

Postby pilgrim » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:46 pm

In decathalon last year you could buy t shirts to protect against the sun hope they are there again this year