Bird rescue

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
mijasgolf
Andalucia.com Amigo

Bird rescue

Postby mijasgolf » Fri May 04, 2007 7:49 pm

If anyone could offer a bird a caring home please see http://www.freewebs.com/parrotsuk
Last edited by mijasgolf on Sat May 05, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

parrots

Postby Julie » Fri May 04, 2007 10:36 pm

It doesnt say much on the web page, are there parrots that actually need rehoming?

mijasgolf
Andalucia.com Amigo

Hi Julie

Postby mijasgolf » Sat May 05, 2007 11:01 am

On average we get two birds a month that need rehoming.
Most birds come from ex-pats who are returning back to the UK
http://www.freewebs.com/parrotsuk

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun May 06, 2007 7:42 pm

When we finally make our permanent move to Spain we would love to foster a parrot.

We had an African Ring Necked Parakeet called Christopher for 13 years in Nairobi and Tanzania. Lovely chap. Was found in the street by our houseboy. He brought it home and Chris very soon became one of the family. Regularly chewed through his perch whilst standing on it thus collapsed in a heap of feathers at the bottom of his cage to great amusement of the kids. Whenever my wife played the piano he would screech along to the tune. We collected cuttlefish for him on the beach and he loved passion fruits. We re-homed him with another long-term expat family before we left Tanzania. Greatly missed even today.

Can't wait.
Brian.

mijasgolf
Andalucia.com Amigo

Happy

Postby mijasgolf » Tue May 08, 2007 5:28 pm

Look forward to meeting you then rafiki

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Tue May 08, 2007 6:03 pm

rafiki wrote:Whenever my wife played the piano he would screech along to the tune. We collected cuttlefish for him on the beach and he loved passion fruits.
Wife's piano playing so bad or he could just not keep a tune??!! We also spent many happy days collecting cuttlefish on the local KZN beaches.
I will never keep a caged bird but remember the flock of Indian Mynas who lived and 'chattered' all day in the area below our garden. Apparently if you domesticate a Myna you can develop its 'speaking' skills. In Australia mynas are considered to be one of the top 100 most invasive pests.......so don't keep one as a 'pet'!!!
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

Chirpycrazyparakeet

Re: Bird rescue

Postby Chirpycrazyparakeet » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:30 pm

Don't you still have birds for rehoming?I know the post is old and you website link doesn't work.