Elections 27 May

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Babby
Resident

Elections 27 May

Postby Babby » Thu May 17, 2007 2:16 pm

So is everyone going to vote? Are you registered to vote?
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu May 17, 2007 2:44 pm

Yes! Yes!

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Thu May 17, 2007 3:55 pm

Have just received our voting cards.

Can anyone tell me the procedure here on election day as it is the first time we will have voted.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu May 17, 2007 5:15 pm

We presently have a PSOE mayor who is now out of favour and the Partido Andalucista is going out of their way to try and attract the "foreign" vote here.

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Thu May 17, 2007 6:25 pm

the PSOE Mayor of Antequera, Ricardo Millán is also out of favour. We are in favour of PABA.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu May 17, 2007 6:44 pm

Who are the PABA? I don't think we've got them!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu May 17, 2007 6:59 pm

This is a local party called Partido de los Anejos y Barriadas de Antequera. It doesn't look like my kind of party but anyone who can help get rid of the PSOE would get my vote.

This link will probably be deleted but here it is for now anyway:

http://theolivepress.es/content/view/478/42/

We had our voting cards a couple of days ago. They will show the address at which you are to vote and even the desk which is applicable to you.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Thu May 17, 2007 7:21 pm

brenda wrote:Have just received our voting cards.

Can anyone tell me the procedure here on election day as it is the first time we will have voted.
http://www.andalucia.com/spain/elections/home.htm
Brian.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu May 17, 2007 8:47 pm

Yes, it all happened something like that last time!!

We duly turned up at our designated polling station where there were two desks 'A' and 'B'. Our desk, desk 'A', was being overseen by a bunch sour faced, dour looking individuals and desk 'B' by our PP candidate neighbour and some of her colleagues.

We were plucked out of the small queue, greeted with the customary 'mwaah, mwaah' and invited to put our two pieces of paper containing the list of PP candidates (which we had discovered in our post office box a few days earlier) in their box.

We protested that our designated desk was desk 'A' but were assured that it didn't really make any difference and that the most important thing was the list of names on our pieces of paper.

It will be interesting to see what happens a week on Sunday. :D

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu May 17, 2007 10:59 pm

Well, I was going to vote responsibly but my footie team has just got through to play at Wem-ber-ley that w/end so I shall be putting my bum on a seat there instead of my X in a box! Priorities and all that :wink:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu May 17, 2007 11:05 pm

Be happy when it's all over getting fed up of being offered indifferent paellas and drinks everytime I go shopping, not to mention the flamenco dancing :roll: I thought I might vote for PP but then I may not even bother as they all seem rubbish

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Fri May 18, 2007 10:24 am

You can vote by post you know, you don´t have to be here physically. The same as in the UK.

PABA is only for Antequera area. This political party was created by Antonio Gálvez for the mere reason that having a neighbourhood association is not enough if your local Mayor does not take any notice of any of your needs.

It will operate unlike any other political party - the power will be given back to the neighbourhood associations, platform groups, etc. to decide, discuss, debate and approve ideas for the future of their area.

To me this is much better than someone like Ricardo Millán (PSOE) deciding he is going to put 8 golf courses, carve up a mountainside and put thousdands of chalets with swimming pools when there is a shortage of water, close train stations whether anyone likes it or not, just for his own greedy purposes whilst little villages deteriorate and, whilst paying their taxes like anyone else in Antequera, receive little or no service.

Cañada de Pareja do not have drinking water supply - it is delivered once a week by MILK LORRY so you can imagine what it tastes like - and they pay their water rates to Antequera town hall. No village pertaining to Antequera has a swimming pool - so what can the kids do when the temp reaches 40 to 45 degrees?

Antonio Galvez, to prove that he does not want the position for power or money, has promised that if he gets the position of Mayor of Antequera, he will not receive a single centimo in wages - it will be donated to needy charities, disabled etc. He genuinely wants to see a change and see the money fairly distributed in the Antequera area.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 pm

Think he would get my vote if I lived in that area :)

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Fri May 18, 2007 8:11 pm

Watchout Katy, Paulino Plata is around - he used to be the Mayor in Antequera and he left a lot of unhappy people here after his huge investments in Antequera Golf and money making schemes.

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Sat May 19, 2007 6:48 pm

Not only registered to vote, but I have "won" the Mijas raffle and been selected to be President of our local polling station.

I have spent the last eek trying to get out of it; my Spanish is not yet good enough.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 20, 2007 4:03 pm

Thanks for the info' babby :) Plato won't get my vote.

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Mon May 21, 2007 10:01 am

its absolutely appalling what is happening in our area - the local pedanía, sort of rep of mayor (every village without its town hall has one) is going door to door threatening the older people that if they don´t vote for PSOE and hang a poster of Ricardo Millán´s ugly mug on their window, their pensions and benefits will be taken away and any help to repair their house will not be given.

Now we know how they have always won the majority - threats, blackmail, lies and deceit.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 21, 2007 10:18 am

In my area the PSOE have been distributing leaflets in the middle of the night libelling the current PP mayor. They know they are on a hiding to nothing and will stoop to any level to try to get their way.

The PSOE are a bunch of militant, lying scum-bags as evidenced by the treatment of the population by the elected dictatorship of Manuel Chaves and the PSOE dominated Junta de Andalucía.

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Mon May 21, 2007 10:48 am

So you would recommend not voting PSOE then?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 21, 2007 11:36 am

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. It's not really for me to recommend how people should vote. :wink: