Fire Extinguishers

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Faire d'Income
Resident

Fire Extinguishers

Postby Faire d'Income » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:12 am

Does anyone know where I can buy a couple of fire extinguishers? I've tried the sheds and ferreterias to no avail.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:54 pm

Don't know where you are but here in Estepa there is an extintores business/shop where you can buy extinguishers and all sorts of fire fighting related stuff. There are extintores sections in the Yellow Pages. I was thinking that I ought to invest in one or two myself after I set fire to the oven a few weeks ago.

Floriana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Fire extinguishers

Postby Floriana » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:59 pm

Carrefour, Eroski certainly, also consider a fire blanket. Olive oil goes up in a flash - literally, I am so glad I bought a blanket for my kitchen - I only got it because we are renting out, but needed it myself a couple of months ago - I hate to think of the consequences had it not been to hand!

costachick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costachick » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:03 pm

I bought a fire blanket and an extinguisher from lidl.

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:22 pm

We couldn't find anything around our way. :cry: Tried loads of mega supermercados, ferreterias etc. Local advice was no help either as nobody uses any fire safety stuff which is a bit puzzling as there are a number of fires in the height of the summer. :roll:
Eventually brought fire blankets and smoke alarms from home in the suitcase. Extinguishers are obviously not a good idea to transport on the plane :lol: :lol: I guess that you could try Gib as it seems to have all other Brit needs on tap :?: :?: 8)
is the sun over the yardarm yet ?

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:56 pm

I finally ended up buying one from Halfrauds. Its supposed to be for cars. God forbid anyone actually has to use the thing but I just hope they're bright enough to realise that they don't 'have to lift the bonnet before using'...

We've had a few Americans renting the place.

:D