sleazy jet

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

sleazy jet

Postby costakid » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:29 am

I have just booked some flights and easyjet and i noticed they have jumped on the bandwagon of charging for hold luggage.

They are also asking if you would like to contribute to the carbon foot print. How many people are going to book a flight, pay for luggage, all the taxes and credit card charges and then make a donation to the enviroment. NOT MANY IF ANY

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:03 am

To boot they are pulling out of the Almeria/Gatwick route, so looks like I shall be going all the way to Malaga again.

Not a happy bunny :x

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Just tell them you are making a contribution by not using your car, computer, central heating, etc, etc. while your away which probably more than offsets your carbon footprint!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:11 am

I thought it was a great idea and did pay to offset our carbon footprint for our next flights........its a way of giving something back that is easy and simple and all the money goes to the cause....its easy to knock these things but someone has to start somewhere! By the way, we have a mortgage out here and have to work to be able to live so we are far from wealthy.....

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:55 pm

pwwm wrote:To boot they are pulling out of the Almeria/Gatwick route, so looks like I shall be going all the way to Malaga again.
Well, that is really going to help the carbon footprint :? So on one hand they are asking people to pay up to help the environment but then making everyone drive miles further as they are cancelling routes to local airports :roll:

Don

Postby Don » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Has anyone considered if the Easyjet "offer" to offset the C is a marketing study to see if people are still willing to pay more than the fare+extras?

Or am I being a bit cynical :roll:

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:28 am

Hi Wicksey
Re pulling out of Almeria, I have no idea what has been going on but they added a few for November , then December we now have the route back again, but only four a week, better then nothing, obviously something was going on behind the scenes, I do wonder if it had anything to do with the expansion at Almeria airport 8)

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:49 pm

Don wrote:Has anyone considered if the Easyjet "offer" to offset the C is a marketing study to see if people are still willing to pay more than the fare+extras?

Or am I being a bit cynical :roll:
Don, I think you are being a bit cynical. We have a Carbon Offset scheme which is undeniably a part of our marketing/CSR strategy and is designed to keep the tree huggers happy whilst they harp on about CO2 as being the new anti-Christ.

Strangely, the take up has been unbelievably poor.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:06 pm

I was told that Almeria airport has the most expensive fees of all the airports in Spain!! Therefore usage has to be high to make it worth any airlines while.......

I think Easyjet are doing it as a sop to the government and also to ascertain if their customers are bothered about carbon footprints and if so, if traffic is likely to decline. Also no doubt to research how much they may be affected by any additional green taxes putting fares up in terms of reduced passenger numbers......

What do you do faire díncome?

mary b
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mary b » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:21 pm

Just booked flights ,Monarch to Manchester 15 euros ,more comingback with BMI baby ,both now charge for luggage ,so since i am only going for a few days i will carry mine on ,
i never repeat gossip,so listen very carefully