Penalised for living in Spain

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:38 pm

I dont remember how I did it but I dont remember being asked for card address.

Sory to keep repeating myself but when I try to add a card it wants an address (postal address and billing address must be the same) and it has United Kingdom as a default, which you cannot change.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:47 pm

As Bongtrees states, it is ok to use a UK Paypal/ ebay account with Spanish credit cards.. If you open an Ebay/ Paypal account on the Spanish site , you have to give your N.I.E number, and these are monitored by the Spanish tax authorities..
..So if you are selling a few of your own personal items there is no problem, but if you are doing it as a business you are required to register that you are a business, and pay Social security , Iva, etc..
..However all Ebay accounts are now monitored in their respective countries, by the tax man...so watch out..
:cry:

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:51 pm

does anyone actually make (taxable) money from e-bay :roll: :?:
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: Penalised for living in Spain

Postby frank » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:25 pm

freecatsrus wrote:I am finding it increasingly annoying the number of companies on the internet who will not let me order goods from them because my billing address is in Spain. :evil: :evil: :evil:
That's because they know all the villains have gone out there to live! :D
At the end of the day, if a company decides it doesn't want to deal with Spain, they are perfectly entitled to. My brother lives in Sweden, and he has exactly the same problem with certain companies, some will send, others refuse to. Not sure why it is, but Amazon have a presence in quite a few European countries, but have not elected to set up in Spain either. :(
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:33 pm

laclotte wrote:does anyone actually make (taxable) money from e-bay :roll: :?:
Quite a few it seems. Saw a guy interviewed on TV and he has his own accountant to sort his affairs out, pays tax in the normal way. But of course, the majority don't declare it. A couple of quotes here from Jan 2006, so I guess the figures will have increased by now.

With 68,000, Britain has the largest number of 'eBay entrepreneurs' in Europe.
A car is sold every two minutes on the eBay.co.uk site, a piece of golf equipment every minute and a handbag every 36 seconds.

'I have always loved rocking horses since I was a child. So I typed in 'rocking horse' and that was it,' she said at the couple's home in Welshpool, Powys. She sold her first rocking horse on eBay in 2001.
She had bought it for £120 and sold it to a buyer in the US for £960. Last year, she gave up her childminding job to run Sally's Rocking Horses, a company which buys, restores and sells rocking horses.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:53 pm

Frank....I can certainly understand that if you have a business and sell via ebay it will all go into the business income statement. However there are a lot of sellers, the majority (in number of persons but certainly not in number of items) I believe who just want to sell 'some bits and pieces' on ebay. An ebay shop, or a seller of wholesale goods must, of course pay income tax....this is their business.
I/we have been looking for a classic Morgan, on ebay and others, for a couple of years. If anyone has one to sell.......... :roll: :roll: :wink: just pm me!
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:32 pm

I concur - I tried to buy a Dell laptop when I was in the UK - got to check out - Spanish credit card not accepted!
Went to PC World next day - bought a Toshiba - Spanish card, no problem!

Jade138
Resident

Postby Jade138 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:50 pm

Tried paying through paypal with my UK and spanish credit cards. Both were rejected and eventually resorted to paying via TT.
Friends multiply joy and divide sorrow