Postal charges from Gib to UK - Xmas Cards

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:17 pm

Of course, there will shortly be someone here who says that they always tell the nice lady on check-in that they have some wrapped Xmas presents that a friend in Nerja asked them the take back, and some cards and parcels for other acquaintances...............and we will believe them, won't we?!
And the reason the rest will use when they claim not to have anything is that they didn't think they it meant them - only obvious terrorists!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:00 pm

Peter old b*****, you're right, I recently read of a "5crew! right word for them innit, who became pregnant by an inmate! then we have the canoe artist, (another ex 5crew) I know of a screw who was imprisoned for four years for dealing in drugs with his inmates, personally I wouldn't trust one, they can all be bought, along with the bent coppers, Slime really and not even worth discussing!!
Ah! the full english!!

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:34 pm

Even I know what's coming next!
anyway, anyway, love from me.

freecatsrus
Resident

Postby freecatsrus » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:12 pm

Peter must get the OH to tell all our friends, especially the drug barons that you have twigged on to them about their activities.

BAH HUMBUG AND A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:06 pm

A long time ago (about 1985) I was spending time in marbella with my family. A waiter in san Pedro asked me if I would take a large Teddy Bear and post it to an address in Liverpool where his 2 year old son lived (TRUE STORY!) Which I did. There was also a letter to his ex with some money. Remember this was before all the publicity about this sort of scam. Nothing happened and I posted the Bear...naive or what! I like to think I was a good judge of character :shock: Needless to say I have changed a lot since then and don't believe anyone about anything now.

palmtrees
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby palmtrees » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:19 pm

And back to the original query.....

When I've posted letters from Gib and Spain I've found the price for the same thing basically equivalent.

What I don't know is whether Gib charges for letter sizes like Spain does (as well as weight). I'm in Spain at the moment so I can't check - I think there are details in the Gib phone book so I will have a look when I go back in a few days.

The collection from the local post boxes in Gib is at 7am, presumably to catch the morning flights.

I've had excellent service between my Spanish village and the UK ie 3 day turn-round which I thought was excellent, so I wouldn't be rushing to Gib to post stuff unnecessarily.

If no-one else posts the info, I'll put it up when I return to Gib.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:32 pm

If you cannot find out elsewhere, why not email your query to : [email protected] ?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.