ITV

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
kanders

ITV

Postby kanders » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:32 pm

Has anyone tried making an appointment for an ITV on the Veisa web site. I have been trying but how ever you enter the matricula etc. it comes back with an error. It would appear the new arrangements for booking the ITV are not working very well. The test station at Algarrbo will not make an appointment directly, even in person and I have been trying for a week to contact the call centre.

marchamona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: ITV

Postby marchamona » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:06 pm

ITV due in February. didn't know the system had changed as last time got my appointment by phone from Algorrobo office.

Do you have the website for making appointments please?

Thanks

hedonist
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby hedonist » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:09 pm

What do we do about scooters? Is the process the same?
Do or do not... there is no try. Yoda

kanders

Postby kanders » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Website for making appointments is www.itvcita.es or www.itvcita.com.

As far as scooters are concerned I believe they have started doing the tests from a mobile testing station, but I do not have all details.

palmtrees
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby palmtrees » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:42 pm

We had two ITVs last year (vehicle more than ten years old).

We turned up to Algorrobo as usual only to be told there were no slots that day so we made an appointment for later in the week.

The next time - not surprisingly - we did it by 'phone. I thought they were trying to publicise the 'phone service. It is hardly as though all of Spain is connected to the Internet or even the 'phone so I am surprised to see they have changed it.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:40 pm

You now have to make an appointment for an ITV.

I haven't tried to do it online but the new number to call for all the centres in Andalucia is 902575757.

I called them and had no problems making an appointment.

Sid

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:44 pm

dito that cid, done it 3 or 4 times for different people now, just called them up and it was done ?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Do you know if anyone has done it with a UK plated car recently?

I had heard that they no longer tested UK cars and now that you have to go through the booking process that may well have made it impossible to do unless it is the special ITV for reregistering.

Sid

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:31 pm

Be aware that there are now long delays to get an appointment for an ITV, as they are no doubt making sure they do not take on too much :wink:
My (Spanish) neighbour rang this morning - first date is the 18th, leaving him worried about getting caught in a Guardia Civil roadblock. It is like the UK - you are not supposed to drive a car without a valid ITV except directly to reach an appointment at the ITV station, and now these are all booked, there is no leeway to say that is where you are going.......
As for the UK-plated cars, it would be really good if they put the charge for testing one (other than the official pre-replating test) up to, say 250€ or 500€, to make up a bit for all the unpaid road tax these spongers have avoided. :evil:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

clarkie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby clarkie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:25 am

Just booked my ITV through internet for 1st time. Seemed to go through OK but first available appointment was the 24th Jan! :roll:
What a life!!!!!

marchamona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby marchamona » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:29 pm

Yes it seems to work ok, but no choice of date. It just gives you the next available.

I was offered 17th Jan (Algarrobo), but want middle of February, so will try later.

j4mes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby j4mes » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:54 am

just called them for an appointment (they said by phone or online the same availability applies) and the first date I could get (either Malaga OR Estepona was the 30th of Jan (at Estepona))......

Bit of a nuisance as I was stopped at 2am this morning, fined 150 euros (although it's 105 if I pay quickly, 10 days I think) and given 10 days to get it ITV'd, although the lady on the phone did say that those 10 days I have to get it done, doesn't include Sundays so the car will only have to be off the road for 2 days.....

The police said I could use it between now and the 10 day deadline (although he did say officially I can only go to the ITV station, but it wouldn't be a problem!)

Even though it's my own fault (it ran out 2 weeks ago and because it needed a couple of bits doing to it, I was leaving it till payday!.....Grrrr.........) it p*sses me off because I know people who are driving around, and have been for ages, in uninsured vehicles, UK cars that have been here Years with neither road tax OR ITV/MOT, and me in me Expensive Spanish car, fully paid up insured etc, miss the date by 2 weeks and get caught!!!!!

Don

Postby Don » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:26 am

Question - can you have an ITV done at any ITV station?
Are you limited to your immediate area or place of registration or can you shop around if you are prepared to travel?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:25 pm

You can go to whichever ITV station you choose but I think it would probably have to within the autonomous region in which you live. although not necessarily in the same province.

Don

Postby Don » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:01 pm

OK, gracias Beachcomber. So any ITV station in Andalucia should do. I havent yet experienced this as the last car got bent just before it needed its ITV.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:02 pm

Yes, I have a very old 4x4 which, although registered in Málaga, had been tested a couple of times in Motríl (Granada) before I bought it.

(Unless they have changed to rules since, you never can tell!)

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:21 pm

and only after you have queued for 4 hours in the blistering heat (in august obviously, not now)

our peugot was almeria plated, but was tested in malaga for 3 or 4 years running.

spose it might of changed tho. ask them on the fone ? if they take it for a booking, then surely it must be ok ?