DENUNCIA NIGHTMARE

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

DENUNCIA NIGHTMARE

Postby Bongtrees » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:36 pm

I tried to make a denuncia by phone 902 102 112, first I was castigated by the dragon who answered for living in Spain and not speaking Spanish and yes I had been put through to the English speaking operator.:twisted:

Then she informed me that because my card was cloned and used for internet transactions and not physically stolen I could not nake a denuncia there and had to call 91 582 2754.

Needless to say not only is the phone never answered, there is no recorded message or answerphone.

I have called back to the national number several times and been told the same thing, in the meantime the bank are going *beep* at me ten times a day for not making the denuncia.

I have tried making a denuncia in person at the National Police station but they refuse to do it because i am English !

I live near Valencia but dont hold it against me :)
Any ideas greatly received.

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:00 pm

The last paragraph might help:-

Making a Denuncia in English
(1) Dial 902-102-112 (do have your NIE or passport number to hand and your address).

(2) When answered ask for a English speaking person.

(3) You might have to wait for a few moments, be patient.

(4) Make your 'Denuncia' to the English speaking person who answers you slowly and clearly, I would suggest having what you want to say written down at this point.

(5) This 'Denuncia' will then be forwarded to the nearest police station to you, so it would be a good idea for you to know which is the Police Station nearest to you in order to avoid confusion about the address of the Police Station.

(6) This Denuncia will then be immediately faxed through to your local police station and you are then given 48 hours to go and sign it at that Police Station to which the 'Denuncia' has been faxed to.

Some helpful notes, In the case of you making a claim against your Insurance 'you must make a Denuncia' so as you can take a copy of it to your insurance company. There is no charge other than the cost of the phone call.

This also includes making a claim for a household break in, theft from a car or person or personal injury and accident.

Depending on your municipal location, it is sometimes possible to make a denuncia report on the internet, via the website of the Policia Local.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:27 pm

safehouses, I tried that but it states that it cannot be used to report internet fraud and gives the same number to call which no-one answers.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:37 am

I have to say that when we had to make a denuncia after a walk in theft of credit cards etc. we went to our local Guardia office and they were extremely helpful. With our limited Spanish we managed to make ourselves understood - they had no English speaker there - and our statement was quicly prepared, with a copy for our bank.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:47 am

There used to be a notice in the Marbella police that they would not take denuncias from people who do not speak spanish so they must take someone who does with them. Don't know if thats still the case.

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:08 pm

When the previous mayoress was in charge, she refused to acknowledge any denuncias in whatever language from whomsoever and whenever.